Thread: Foligno advice

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Foligno advice

Hey guys,

I have a red hot Foligno on my team. He carried my team last night for sure. I'd hate to part with him but I tend to agree with Mr. Laidlaw in that his 22% shooting has to come down soon. I'm into selling him high, but unsure of a good asking price. Do I throw someone else in to go for a Seguin or Stamkos, or look for a Kessel or high-level D-man in a 1-1 trade? I'd like to aim high and hope for the best but the league I'm in has many gun shy managers (when it comes to big name trades, that is: they'll trade manure for manure 4 days a week). I'll take any advice. Thanks!
    ESPN H2H Pts League
    G,A,SHG,SHP,PPP,PIM,SOG,DPTS,BLK/W,L,GA,GS, Svs,SO,OTL

3F: Kopitar, Mackinnon, Lee
    2C: Tavares, Stepan
    2LW: Bailey, Schwartz
    2RW: Vorachek, Hornqvist
    D: Carlson, Lindholm, J. Johnson, Ellis
    UTIL: Atkinson, Little
    G: Andersen, Bishop
    Bench: C. Smith, Barkov, Pastrnak, Jaskin, Niemi
    IR: Eberle

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Foligno advice

I highly doubt that you will get Seguin, Stamkos or Kessel for Foligno. Set your sights a little lower, maybe around the Okposo range, maybe a little higher.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm sure you could get Kessel for him if you manage to catch the Kessel owner when he's falling-down drunk.

Foligno would have to do what he's currently doing for a full season and then some for me to trade Kessel for him, and I'm not even a big fan of Kessel.

I don't know whether metaldude is right about him or not, but regardless it's what anyone who is offered Foligno will be asking themselves.

What you should be shooting for right now is a more established player who may be slumping or injured, not Top-20 players. Either that or just hold Foligno and hope he keeps it up.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Initiate

You might be able to target Kopitar for him. Kopitar is traditionally underrated for what he brings to the table and is slumping right now.

And before you dismiss out of hand query would I trade foligno for Toews? If yes then go look at Toews historical numbers compared to Kopitar's. It may surprise you that Kopitar's numbers are generally across the board better than Toews (end rant).
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by davidgoodburn View Post
    You might be able to target Kopitar for him. Kopitar is traditionally underrated for what he brings to the table and is slumping right now.

And before you dismiss out of hand query would I trade foligno for Toews? If yes then go look at Toews historical numbers compared to Kopitar's. It may surprise you that Kopitar's numbers are generally across the board better than Toews (end rant).
    Definitely could try for Kopitar. I acquired Kunitz for him last week, so you might be able to try that before he comes back.
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Stud

If you package Foligno properly with the other owner's needs, you might be able to get away with someone like Duchene, MacKinnon, Sharp, Kopitar. Kopitar I would wait a bit after his 5-point universe balancing outburst
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström