Thread: Vetoable....?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Vetoable....?

I am the commish of my league and an owner as approached me to vetoed this trade

F.Anderson for J.Benn, a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.

I too feel this is lopsided but their is no sign of collusion in this case and I am reticent to veto when their is no collusion. The owner that grab Andersen is now in the running for 2nd spot and will more than likely finish in the money this year even though he gave Benn to the top team (which will now probably finish top team for sure). The owner trading Benn and part of his futur assured me that he would be back next year which negate the fire sale consideration.

Any thoughts on this?

Details in sig
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). (Potential keepers in Bold)

Fwd: S.Crosby, N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, J.Tavares, C.Giroux, E.Lindholm, C.Keller, D.Larkin , A.Radulov, S.Reinhart, J.Puljujarvi,K.Yamamoto

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien, S.Theodore, M.Heiskanen,C.Mcavoy,

Goalies: T.RaskC.Talbot

Runner-Up 2016-17
    Winner 2015-16
    Winner 2014-15
    Winner 2013-14
    Runner-Up 2012-13
    Winner 2011-12

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Vetoable....?

You probably have to proceed based on your league rules. What is stated in the rules? Do you get the final say in all trades? Do you have a voting system in place?

Ideally I think you should have a voting system in place requiring a significant number of votes to overturn a trade.

Based on this situation though, I do want the Benn side even though he loses some value in points only. It's not that bad of a trade though, the guy getting Andersen might be really high on the guy and think he's actually worth that much. Hell, give it a year or two and Andersen might actually be worth that much. Bad deal, not veto worthy in my opinion, but proceed based on your league rules.

The Wolverine

The trade is fine, let it go. One team wanted a solid goalie and was willing to trade a top forward.

Slippery slope when you start considering vetoes on deals caused by a third party manager's perception of value. Managers should be entitled to manage their own teams without outside interference.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

League rules states that a veto might be posted by any owner within 5 days following a trade. Owners not involved vote and majority wins (50%+1)
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). (Potential keepers in Bold)

Fwd: S.Crosby, N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, J.Tavares, C.Giroux, E.Lindholm, C.Keller, D.Larkin , A.Radulov, S.Reinhart, J.Puljujarvi,K.Yamamoto

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien, S.Theodore, M.Heiskanen,C.Mcavoy,

Goalies: T.RaskC.Talbot

Runner-Up 2016-17
    Winner 2015-16
    Winner 2014-15
    Winner 2013-14
    Runner-Up 2012-13
    Winner 2011-12

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by supertoad View Post
    F.Anderson for J.Benn, a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.
    Looks pretty OK to me.
    Goalie value can be all over the map from league-to-league... so without getting into league cats... I'd have to assume that Andersen has nice value in your league format.

Dobber Sports Stud

League rules states that a veto might be posted by any owner within 5 days following a trade. Owners not involved vote and majority wins (50%+1)
    I think you have your answer right there. Doing anything different not only undermines the rules you've put in place, but also your impartiality as commissioner.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Superstar

Without knowing the teams rosters, I think this is a fair trade. If the 2nd place team needs a goalie to get into the money then you are going to have to overpay a little.
    nobody else is going to give him a top rated goalie on the top team. Not a vetoable trade.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    I think you have your answer right there. Doing anything different not only undermines the rules you've put in place, but also your impartiality as commissioner.
    This, but also it shouldn't be vetoed

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Without knowing the teams rosters, I think this is a fair trade. If the 2nd place team needs a goalie to get into the money then you are going to have to overpay a little.
    nobody else is going to give him a top rated goalie on the top team. Not a vetoable trade.
    I agree with Magicstew.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Definitely a lopsided trade, but I wouldnt say vetoable

I would think that the guy receiving Benn wouldve taken this deal without the picks