Thread: Trade Ideas?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trade Ideas?

Hi.

Looking at my roster and how my league is set up, I'm trying to make some decisions for next season. I obviously think I should finish fairly well this year, but also want to take a look at a couple of potential trades since we only keep 5.

I was thinking about trying to cash in on the potential buy low's of Kopitar or Hall. More specifically, Taylor Hall.

Owner of Hall has the following assets on his team:

http://puu.sh/dz4eO/cf202a28eb.png

I also have another owner contacting me about Tarasenko, and so far he's been willing to move Subban for him straight up. See below for that owner's team:

http://puu.sh/dz4oq/c7ccb9b8a6.png

I'm also thinking about who I'd actually keep. I didn't indicate a 5th keeper, as I have been debating all season between Bobo and Wheeler. Not sure what I'd actually do.

Any thoughts for potential trades? Which guys would you keep? Should I just not even worry about moving anyone right now? I just think that Hall's stock is so low right now, that it'd be the perfect time to add him. Especially with so many rumors of trade going around in regards to him.

Will rep for any opinions. Thanks.
    F - MacKinnon (C), Stepan (C), Johansen (C), Marner (C/RW), Wheeler (RW), Lucic (LW), van Reimsdyk (LW), Sedin (LW), Benn (LW), Tkachuk (LW)
    D - Josi, Phaneuf, Muzzin, Hanifin
    G - ​Price​, Talbot

16 Team Keeper League with ESPN - Daily Head to Head
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Utility (Forward or Defense), 3 Bench (1 can be a Goalie), 2 Goalies.
    Non-weighted scoring. Minimum 3 goalie starts per week. Keep 5 players at the end of the year.

Skater Scoring:

Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK

Goalie Scoring:

W, L*, Saves, SO, OTL*, GAA*, Save %*

*Minimum three goalie starts per matchup.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trade Ideas?

You say it's a keep 5 yet I only see you highlighted 4 players as keepers. I wouldn't personally move Tarasenko for Subban as I think the tank is the real deal, keep him. As for Hall, with all these rumors swirling, it is the perfect time to buy low on him. I think to remain competitive AND get the player, trying Datsyuk for Hall straight up isn't entirely unreasonable, but that could be an overpayment given Hall's performance to date, but it is not an overpayment given Hall's potential/pedigree. When trying to acquire a player, though, I put the ball in the other GMs court. I think it makes them more willing to make a deal. Ask him "what would you want for Hall from my roster/prospects/picks, then go from there. I personally wouldn't go for Kopitar as a keeper over some of the players you have. Looking at your team, I would say the highlighted players are your keepers along with Bob.
    10 team H2H points league. Keep 3 veterans, 1 rookie

Stats: G 3pts, A 2pts, PPA .5pts, PPG 1pt, SHG 2pts, BLK .1pt, HIT .1pt, PIM .5 pt, SV .2pt, WIN 3pts, SHO 3pts, GA -1 pt

Centers - RNH, Little, Plekanek, Huberdeau, Giroux
    LW - Palat, Taravainen, Drouin
    RW - Ovechkin, Okposo, Nichushkin
    D - Hedman, Franson, Giordano, Niskanen
    G - Hutchinson, Halak, Price

IR - Halak

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Jalapano200 View Post
    You say it's a keep 5 yet I only see you highlighted 4 players as keepers. I wouldn't personally move Tarasenko for Subban as I think the tank is the real deal, keep him. As for Hall, with all these rumors swirling, it is the perfect time to buy low on him. I think to remain competitive AND get the player, trying Datsyuk for Hall straight up isn't entirely unreasonable, but that could be an overpayment given Hall's performance to date, but it is not an overpayment given Hall's potential/pedigree. When trying to acquire a player, though, I put the ball in the other GMs court. I think it makes them more willing to make a deal. Ask him "what would you want for Hall from my roster/prospects/picks, then go from there. I personally wouldn't go for Kopitar as a keeper over some of the players you have. Looking at your team, I would say the highlighted players are your keepers along with Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnybboii View Post
    I'm also thinking about who I'd actually keep. I didn't indicate a 5th keeper, as I have been debating all season between Bobo and Wheeler. Not sure what I'd actually do.
    I said above that I didn't indicate a 5th keeper because I couldn't decide at this point who would be best of the two listed above.
    F - MacKinnon (C), Stepan (C), Johansen (C), Marner (C/RW), Wheeler (RW), Lucic (LW), van Reimsdyk (LW), Sedin (LW), Benn (LW), Tkachuk (LW)
    G - ​Price​, Talbot

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Utility (Forward or Defense), 3 Bench (1 can be a Goalie), 2 Goalies.
    Non-weighted scoring. Minimum 3 goalie starts per week. Keep 5 players at the end of the year.

Skater Scoring:

Goalie Scoring:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oh, sorry, must have missed that. I'd definitely keep Bob over Wheeler, but I stand by my other statements.

Stats: G 3pts, A 2pts, PPA .5pts, PPG 1pt, SHG 2pts, BLK .1pt, HIT .1pt, PIM .5 pt, SV .2pt, WIN 3pts, SHO 3pts, GA -1 pt

IR - Halak

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Oh, sorry, must have missed that. I'd definitely keep Bob over Wheeler, but I stand by my other statements.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the input on that all. The Hall owner just asked for Tarasenko for him, LOL. Said it was because he was in "trade rumors", so his value is high, lol.
    G - ​Price​, Talbot

Skater Scoring:

Goalie Scoring:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hall owner now proposed Hall for MacKinnon. It just seems like all the deals are basically swaps or he's trying to win on it based on projections/previous success. He threw around the idea of trading Hall/Shattenkirk for Tarasenko, but said he was overpaying so he didn't want to do it. I could move a D with Tarasenko to do that, but I'm not sure it even really makes sense at this point for either trade. Thoughts?
    G - ​Price​, Talbot

Skater Scoring:

Goalie Scoring:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ovechkin owner just got offered Ovie for my Tarasenko straight up. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Need some advice, dobberhockey. It's Christmas! And I'll rep!
    G - ​Price​, Talbot

Skater Scoring:

Goalie Scoring:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Tarasenko COULD out point ovechkin in future seasons BUT Ovechkin is more of a proven commodity, plays with a very young backstrom, and Washington has some nice young developing players that could find themselves contributing on that line in the near future. I like Ovi just slightly over tarasenko. Though tarasenko is a clutch player and playing very well. I think either decision you make wouldn't be a bad one.

No luck on hall though? I think I would give mackinnon for him tbh. If hall gets moved anywhere he'll be real good. And rumors are Pens and Bruins are in on him. Imagine him alongside Malkin/crosby or Krejci?

IR - Halak

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Tarasenko COULD out point ovechkin in future seasons BUT Ovechkin is more of a proven commodity, plays with a very young backstrom, and Washington has some nice young developing players that could find themselves contributing on that line in the near future. I like Ovi just slightly over tarasenko. Though tarasenko is a clutch player and playing very well. I think either decision you make wouldn't be a bad one.

No luck on hall though? I think I would give mackinnon for him tbh. If hall gets moved anywhere he'll be real good. And rumors are Pens and Bruins are in on him. Imagine him alongside Malkin/crosby or Krejci?
    Thanks for the insight on tarasenko. He really looks to be the real deal, but it's ovechkin! Lol.

So you would do hall for MacK, eh? What if there were no trade rumors for Hall? Would you still feel the same? Would be nasty to see him next to Crosby or Krejci though.

Overall synopsis? Do both based on my roster and league? Do one? Thanks, jalapano.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Do the mackinnon deal. We know what hall is, and I have a strong feeling he gets moved. As for the other deal, that's up to you, as I said I don't think there is a wrong decision there, even if tarasenko continues to produce like this, so will Ovi. And if I'm not mistaken ovi usually picks it up toward the tail end of the season, right around fantasy playoffs.

IR - Halak