Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - December 09, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - December 09, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hour View Post
    Hi Dobber,

How long before Vasilevsky takes over in the TB crease ? He's been made available to me in my keeper but I'm not sure how far away he is from contributing. I'm thinking 2 years ? Do you feel he'll live up to the hype he's gotten ? Would you rather own Lehner or Gibson instead of him in the next 3-5 years ?

Also, any reason for concern as far as Barkov is concerned ? I know he's only 19 but curious about your thoughts on his future and if your feelings had changed over the past few months.

Thanks.
    Four years. Same situation as Jonathan Bernier. This is why I never draft teenaged goaltenders. No matter the hype, you're sitting on them for a long, long time. And so many good 23-year-old goalies crop up there is no need to draft a 19-year-old one.

I would rather own Gibson and Lehner for sure.

My concern for Barkov is injuries, not upside or potential. He could be a star, but so could Olesz have been a star and we saw what happened there.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Lots of regression ahead - knock their pace back by 15-20 points: Giordano, Voracek, Seguin, Tarasenko, Hudler, Johnson
    Dobber,

What are your thoughts on holding these types of players, knowing there will be regression vs dealing them while their value is sky high? How long do you hold before you deal them & what types of players can you expect in return for each?

Thanks for taking the time!!
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Thanks for taking questions Dobber! What can we expect out of Oshie for the remainder of this year?
    Oshie is in a shut down role now and seeing around 45% offensive zone starts, which along with Backes is the lowest among skilled Blues forwards by far. This won't change unless Tarasenko gets hurt. Oshie's pace of 29 points is absurd, but I dont' think he'll do any better than 40 on the year given his new role

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mwojt21 View Post
    Dobber,

What are your thoughts on holding these types of players, knowing there will be regression vs dealing them while their value is sky high? How long do you hold before you deal them & what types of players can you expect in return for each?

Thanks for taking the time!!
    I wouldn't be in a rush to deal those guys, I would just quietly shop them until I get the players I want. Or perhaps I package them and go after a big gun like Stamkos, Malkin, or Crosby

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm currently hanging by a thread to the top spot in my cash pool (in sig). So far it looks like it's shaping out to be a 4 horse race with the other 10 teams falling behind.

Will the Motherpuckers be champions by year end? To keep it simple, just assume straight up points only, full season totals (ignore H2H component).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just got an offer for my Ovechkin (who's on the block since over a month!). Team and league in sig (points only - kep 6).

EStaal + Datsyuk
    vs
    Ovechkin

Accept?
    Decline?
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Stud

How many fantasy relevant years remaining for Henrik Lundqvist? How many wins until the rest of the season in your opinion?
    Do you like where Holtby is heading? How many wins until the rest of the season in your opinion?

I can make a swap of my Holtby and Pietrangelo for King Henrik in points-only keeper league.
    Somehow I'm hesitant because the two pieces I currently have are just entering their prime and still have room to grow imo.
    Thanks Dobber!
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hi Dobber,

2 questions for you..points only league.

1-I can keep only one player from this list:
    -Trocheck
    -B.Connolly
    -Jurco
    -Pastrnak

2- 3 YP and upside for C.Franson?

Thanks for your help!
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hey Dobber. In a keeper leauge. I have Crosby. A trade was propoused to me. Crosby for Perry and Webber? What are you thoughts on that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm really not a Brodeur fan this late in his career, but I'm starting to become sold on how he is with STL. But I'm not ready to change my over/under of 8.5 games started for them. Ryan Miller was great for St. Louis too...his first few games there. Then we know what happened.

Darling had a great start and earned his next one. Raanta had two great starts before that, and will be back the minute, the second, Darling comes back to earth. There will be interest in both Darling and Brodeur in your league and you should shop them and take anything decent you get offered.
    Was offered Oshie for Brodeur from owner of Allen/Elliott....should I ask for more?

Dobber Sports Stud

Hi Dobber,

What is the likeliness of any of the following backup goaltenders landing a starting gig at any point over the next couple of seasons and are any of them worth rostering in a Dynasty league?

Dubnyk
    Khubodin
    Reimer

Thanks!
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm currently hanging by a thread to the top spot in my cash pool (in sig). So far it looks like it's shaping out to be a 4 horse race with the other 10 teams falling behind.

Will the Motherpuckers be champions by year end? To keep it simple, just assume straight up points only, full season totals (ignore H2H component).
    This is not a lock and requires your goalies to both be healthy and Kuemper stick as No.1 (seems likely). Staal will get rolling, but Kronwall and Wideman will slow. i have no respect for Boyle, so your defense as a whole could be your undoing

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Just got an offer for my Ovechkin (who's on the block since over a month!). Team and league in sig (points only - kep 6).

EStaal + Datsyuk
    vs
    Ovechkin

Accept?
    Decline?
    This is not even close IMO

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    How many fantasy relevant years remaining for Henrik Lundqvist? How many wins until the rest of the season in your opinion?
    Do you like where Holtby is heading? How many wins until the rest of the season in your opinion?

I can make a swap of my Holtby and Pietrangelo for King Henrik in points-only keeper league.
    Somehow I'm hesitant because the two pieces I currently have are just entering their prime and still have room to grow imo.
    Thanks Dobber!
    Six more years and he'll get at least 25 more wins this year. I'm not sure I would do that trade though, since AP is a stud defenseman who could almost get Henrik on his own

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Hi Dobber,

2 questions for you..points only league.

1-I can keep only one player from this list:
    -Trocheck
    -B.Connolly
    -Jurco
    -Pastrnak

2- 3 YP and upside for C.Franson?

Thanks for your help!
    That's a good list you offer, and it's very close. I am intrigued by Pastrnak and the sudden, quick impact he has had and I think I would prefer to own him. But again, very close and I like all four (maybe not so much Connolly given his situation).

Franson should be a steady high 40s player and COULD be a high 50s player. Very smart blueliner