Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - December 09, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - December 09, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    Trying something different here:
    Steve Moses,25 undrafted college grad has 38 points in 35 games in the KHL playing for Jokerit and plans to join the NHL next season. With the recent amount of successful players from the KHL coming over to the NHL. What kind of impact could the guy bring to a NHL team next season?
    I would guess that he would be more Kontiola/Hjalmarsson as opposed to Lehtera/Sekac. He's a smaller player who is thriving offensively because he's playing Linus Omark. We've seen Omark produce like crazy over there, but not do so well over here.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by domenico_michetti View Post
    What should I do with Statsny, Turris ? Expected more point wise. Krejci coming off IR, any suggestions
    I think if there is any interest in Stastny, you should move him. I think he'll improve, but not beyond 50 points and people will value him more than that.

Turris is on pace for 48 points. I think 58 is where he'll end up, with some upside for more. I would sit tight

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

16 team H2H cats, daily starts, Keep 7

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G every day

G, A, Pts, +-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, SH%, HIT, BLK,

W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Kopitar, Stepan, Hanzal, Fisher
    LW - Kreider, Boedker, Nick Foligno, Soderberg(C/LW)
    RW - Kessel, Voracek, Tom Wilson
    D - Trouba, Josi, Klingberg, Bieksa, McNabb

G - Bishop, Fleury, Raanta

IR - Boychuk, Letang, Enstrom, Nichushkin

Keepers highlighted. It's my 1st year with the team since taking it over. I think it finished in 11th place last year out of 16. I studied up on drafting and did pretty well. Got who I wanted in most cases.

I'm in 1st place right now but I feel like I've benefited from some good luck (see: Foligno, Nick). My defense has been decimated by injuries to Letang and Boychuk but hopefully they're back soon. I wish Kreider was doing better, but such is life.

Who are my targets (e.g. Dubisnky) and who am I selling high on? I feel I could use another RW. Someone who scores goals and hits, but it's tough to make deals in this league. Picks are golden.

Lengthy post over Thanks Dobber.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Wizard

What's your take on Wideman for the rest of the year? His goal-scoring will slow down but what about PP points and overall points?

Thanks in advance.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Guru

Points-only, what guy is most likely to turn it around now that we're 20-25 games into the season? On the flip side, what guy will probably regress the most?

Thanks for doing this. Even when I don't have questions, they're always fun to read.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hi, thanks for taking questions!

For the league and team in my signature, would you trade Zetterberg for Nyquist and Lehner? I have a dire goaltending situation, but do you see Lehner doing more harm than good in terms of peripherals? What's his outlook for the remainder of the season?

Y! 13 Team Roto (Keep 3 - Yr 3) - G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%, SVS
    C(2): , Trocheck, Horvat, McTavish (LW)
    LW(2): Stützle (C), DeBrincat (RW), Hagel (RW),
    RW(2): Pastrňák, Nylander, Konecny (LW)
    D(4): Montour, Letang, Werenski, Andersson, Mintyukov
    UTIL(1):
    G(2): Samsonov, Husso, Talbot, Lyon
    IR+(2):

Dobber Sports Recruit

Can only keep one of these guys; who would you keep out of the two - Cam Atkinson or Craig Smith? (Goals, Assists, (+/-), PIMs, Powerplay Points, Shorthanded Points, GWG, SOG)

Dobber Sports Stud

I wrote this on Dec 4:
    What do you think I should do with my goalies, most notably Lehtonen? I also have Andersen but to be honest I don't have faith in any of my goalies.

My starters: Lehtonen, Andersen
    Bench: Darling, Brodeur, Bryzgalov, C. Johnson
    Your response on Dec 4:
    Drop Brodeur and Johnson. No point there. Darling is a long long shot, but you can wait two weeks before dropping him. Be smart with the waiver wire (get good skaters with potential trade value) and then try to get a third goalie using Sharp
    Did not see your response until yesterday but with the recent developments - Brodeur playing 2.5 out of their last 3 games and Darling starting 2 in a row tonight - do you still feel the same way?? I agree with dropping Johnson but there are literally no backups left in our pool with 15 teams in our league and everyone carrying 4-5. At the same time I'm thin as hell on offense with Hornqvist and Letang sidelined.

Dobber Sports Deity

What's your take on Eric Staal when it comes to fantasy hockey.

Is he still a stud center or is he slowing down and if owned, should owners be looking to sell while they still can?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by CF Punk View Post
    I have been less than impressed with Jumbo Joe Thornton this year. I would feel comfortable moving him, but I'm not really sure how to gauge his value. The thing I like most about Joe is how consistent he is both on the score sheet (by the end of the year) and with the fact that he has only missed 3 games in the past 9 seasons. I know he's getting older, but would you consider to be equal value for Thornton at this point?
    I still consider him a top player to own in many formats and that three hot games and he's back on track where we expected him to be. As for comparables, it would depend on the league settings really. But selling high on Tyler Johnson to acquire Joe Thornton, for example, is a fair swap.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    For the long term, how would you rank these for a keeper league (using the stats in my signature)?

Forwards:
    Teravainen
    Kucherov
    Granlund(Min)
    Scheifele

Defensemen:
    Trouba
    OEL
    Klingberg
    Mcdonagh

Thx!
    I always like proven better. For me it's Scheifele, Kucherov, Granlund, TT.

OEL, Trouba, McDonagh, Klingberg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey Dobber,

Different type of question.

Whats your favourite scoring system in Fantasy hockey if you had similar categories in my sig. Curious what the pros prefer to play. Thanks.

Head to Head Each Category
    Head to Head Most Categories
    Head to Head Points
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sergioel View Post
    Hey Dobbs. My team is in sig. I recently picked up Hudler in FA. Another team has asked me for Stepan, Hudler and maybe a young piece (Schultz) for Giordano.
    Do you believe in Giordano? Is he the new 60+?
    I'm not ready to say that he is long term (see Duncan Keith, who sandwiched 65 point seasons around a few 48 point seasons). But he'll get there this year and probably once or twice more in his career.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Thanks Dobber, whats your thoughts on James Wisniewski points wise the rest of the season.?
    what effect will coaching change have on Kyle Turris rest of year?
    Will the Hawks give Teuvo a chance this year or let him develop in the AHL?
    Wiz runs hot and cold all the time and he's injury prone. He tends to put together big seasons, but not consistently. This is clearly not his season and I don't have any reason to believe that his 34 point pace will improve

Turris - coaching change should help. Consistent linemates will help.

TT - No. Develop in AHL, or perhaps trade him (I hear he's unhappy)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Krejci's owner can't even dress 9 healthy forwards.
    He's willing to trade him for a healthy guy.
    He asks me to list the players (fowards) I'm willing to send.
    From my team in sig, wich forwards would you list as tradable for an injured Krejci?
    I would say EKane, Plekanec, McArthur. Do you agree with that? Add? Remove?
    Do you have faith he will be relevant when he comes back?
    How long would you bet before his return?
    Thanks.
    EKane, Plekanec, MacArthur, Read, Atkinson, Tlusty, Stafford, Pouliot

Yes, Krejci will be relevant when he comes back. 65-point guy

I had a feeling his injury was more serious than the Bs were letting on and my guess was January. I haven't seen an update on his situation lately though.