Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars - The Force Awakens

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Star Wars - The Force Awakens

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

I'm somewhat conflicted by the sabre with cross-guards, although if Luke had one of those he'd probably not have lost his hand... Count Dooku too..

Edit.. Sorry, I'm noob, can't get the youtube clip to show up for some reason, so you only get a link...
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Star Wars - The Force Awakens

I remember going to the drive-in to see the original Star Wars when I was a kid. I can't wait for this one to come out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post

I'm somewhat conflicted by the sabre with cross-guards, although if Luke had one of those he'd probably not have lost his hand... Count Dooku too..

Edit.. Sorry, I'm noob, can't get the youtube clip to show up for some reason, so you only get a link...
    I'm somewhat conflicted about the crossguards too but it isn't just something brand new. At least not totally. There was a Jedi in the clone wars who had a lightsaber similar to this.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post

Oh please, if Luke had cross-guards he'd probably have lost his hand before he ever met Darth Vader.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

I am so upset at this trailer. SO UPSET.

I was watching this movie regardless of any trailer. I watched the last terrible trilogy even though it was hot garbage and I would do the same here. There's nothing they could do to keep me from watching it. But this trailer looks REALLY good and now my hopes are up. I wanted to go in with extremely low expectations. It's been key to my enjoyment of many sub-par films. But no, the cat's out of the bag now and I'm pumped. Only a year and a bit to go to build it up greater and greater in my mind. **** this trailer.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

I was watching this movie regardless of any trailer. I watched the last terrible trilogy even though it was hot garbage and I would do the same here. There's nothing they could do to keep me from watching it. But this trailer looks REALLY good and now my hopes are up. I wanted to go in with extremely low expectations. It's been key to my enjoyment of many sub-par films. But no, the cat's out of the bag now and I'm pumped. Only a year and a bit to go to build it up greater and greater in my mind. **** this trailer.
    Yeah the expectations thing could really screw up some fans expectations I think. I'm trying to do my best to just hold them at a safe level so I'm not disappointed but it will be hard if the marketing campaign is as strong as that teaser was...

At this point it can't be worse than Phantom Menace. That's the way I'm looking at it.
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i just hope they make it really dark and not make it a kiddy film. the only thing i liked about the 3 "newer" films was darth maul, so i'm hoping the cross-guards light sabre guy (revan?) is just as badass. in my opinion the villain will make or break this film.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I remember going to the drive-in to see the original Star Wars when I was a kid. I can't wait for this one to come out.
    Me too. Ah, the drive-in, those were the days.

I enjoyed the trailer but it would have been nice to get a glimpse of one of the original cast, even a shot at the end or something. I hope this next movie is worth watching...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

There's reason for cautious optimism, Abrams might not be the best choice, but at least they didn't choose Michael Bay or somebody like that. Also from what I've read, he is committed to making it feel much more like the original trilogy in terms of the writing and filming. For example, he is using very little CGI and green screen nonsense, opting instead for real stunts and traditional effects. He's also focusing on emotion in this one too (something devoid in the last 3 awful productions) and resisting the urge to try to explain every minute detail that Lucas fell into. True Star Wars fans just don't want it to suck, that's how I feel, if it turns out to be a good movie I'll consider that a bonus.

Dobber Sports Ace

My expectation is that it will be a good movie. On par with all tha Abrams-esque films that get a ~7.5 on IMDB. Good movie, but not magical in and of itself.

I hope it's better than that, but I don't expect it.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Wizard

I really liked the quick shot of the woman on the speeder bike.....very open feel in just that short clip, reminded me of some of the Tatooine shots from the original trilogy.

I'm excited. I was reading somewhere we won't know who the real "villain" is until the 3rd movie, which could go one of two ways. Either it's a slow build up with some twists and turns, or it's a cash grab like the newer trilogy where they introduce a new "bad guy" in each movie for the purpose of selling a new action figure.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    There's reason for cautious optimism, Abrams might not be the best choice, but at least they didn't choose Michael Bay or somebody like that. Also from what I've read, he is committed to making it feel much more like the original trilogy in terms of the writing and filming. For example, he is using very little CGI and green screen nonsense, opting instead for real stunts and traditional effects. He's also focusing on emotion in this one too (something devoid in the last 3 awful productions) and resisting the urge to try to explain every minute detail that Lucas fell into. True Star Wars fans just don't want it to suck, that's how I feel, if it turns out to be a good movie I'll consider that a bonus.
    I think that's a good way to say it. As long as it doesn't suck, it will be a win. If it's good, that's gravy

G - Murray, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

This trailer gives me goosebumps every time I see it
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah can't help but get my hopes up for this film, the trailer didn't really show that much though.... Yet somehow everyone's getting barred up about it.

I had the feeling that the trailer starts off like a spoof, until you see the girl on the bike and realise it's legit
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Banned

That new light sabre is stupid, why can't they just leave that one thing alone?