Thread: Dangling Byfuglien

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dangling Byfuglien

He's been on my trading block all year long after acquiring Weber and Karlsson in the off season and I've only gotten a few bites for him. Do any of these offers interest you?

Barrie and Hossa for Byfuglien
    or
    Sharp for Byfuglien

My worst stat by far is blocked shots, and i'm just slowly falling more behind. I guess I could just throw Big Buf an the bench and pick up a player of the waiver wire. What do you guys think? Scoring settings in sig, thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Dangling Byfuglien

Yes, your worst stat is Blocks because Buff is slotted in one of your D slots but he is not blocking shots because he plays forward.
    So, yes, you need to move him, he's incredibly overrated in "Blocks" leagues because of this. (my 2 cents)

This is a very limited roster set, only 6F/4D.
    I'd take Pat Sharp (even as IR).

What are your league rules on "IR" players, how many spots do you get?
    How are you doing in games played at each position?

Fortunately, blocks are not a hard stats to make up... and in a shallow league like this, you can stream them in nightly.

Dobber Sports Deity

The first offer isn't bad but you will be forced to drop someone if you consider that deal. I am not sure I'd do it, but it's not a bad offer.

I wouldn't trade Byfuglien for Patrick Sharp. It's close but I think I prefer Buff here.

The issue with these offers to me is you simply moving Buff and not really addressing the issue that seems to be your weakness. Don't trade Buff just to trade Buff.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

We have a few IR spots, 2 IR, and 1 or 2 IR+ spots, so putting Sharp on IR wouldn't be a problem

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Byfuglien for Patrick Sharp. It's close but I think I prefer Buff here.
    We rarely disagree, but I'll make a stronger case here.
    The main thing to note is that the OP's SIG does not show categories: SOG, PIM.

In past years, Buff has basically been a 3 or 4-category monster: SOG, PIM, HIT, PPP.
    Well, the OP's league doesn't include SOG & PIM.
    And Buff has been nothing special on the PPP.

So... with these categories... in this pool... Buff is a HIT-monster with 7pts in a D-spot and not getting BLK, when he really needs to be... thus the OP falling behind in BLK.
    I'd say if you ran this through FHG, even with last season's stats, Sharp would beat him.

Sharp also has C/LW flexibility in Yahoo!, which can be handy for roster flexibility.
    (Yes, Buff has it too... but Buff is an underscoring RW... and as a D he's not BLK... I think he's very, very, VERY overrated in this format).

I'd definitely take Sharp. 100% endorsement without PIM/SOG.

Here's another example to demonstrate Buff's value in his league.
    Look at his stats for this year:

Byfuglien: 3G, 4A, -1, 63 HITS, 6 BK, 2 PPP, 0 GWG, 0 SHP
    PlayerX: 1G, 5A, +3, 57 HITS, 50 BK, 2 PPP, 0 GWG, 0 SHP

PlayerX... who will have a much better +/- AND who adds 44 more BLK... is...
    Dan Girardi!

Here's another one:
    PlayerY: 0G, 5A, -1, 54 HITS, 20 BK, 2 PPP, 0 GWG, 0 SHG

This one just to prove how low Buff's value is in this pool.
    Player Y is... Brayden McNabb.

In summary:
    No SOG in this pool.
    No PIM in this pool.
    Buff value = low.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Should I be worried of Sharp being dealt next year with the cap issues Chicago is predicted to have?