Thread: 2016: New strategy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2016: New strategy

I tried, like we all do, to get a few first rounders for 2015. Unfortunately, the guys in my league wouldn't bite for anything. Then, I noticed, when speaking with a few of the guys during our draft, that they were focusing on 2015 and 2015 alone. I ended trading several times for 2016 picks without paying the real market price.

I think that 2015, with all the Connormania and the hopes to see another 2003 draft, tends to affect 2016 value. Are you guys experiencing the same in your leagues. if so, I recommend buying 2016 stock before your leagues mates wake up...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: 2016: New strategy

Thanks for the good tip.

I find a good thing to try is to offer them a choice. Say your 2015 or 2016 pick, your choice. Then they think they are the smart one for picking the late pick and you were the fool for considering them equal (even if you new the 2016 pick was the one you would get anyways).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 2016: New strategy

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    Thanks for the good tip.

I find a good thing to try is to offer them a choice. Say your 2015 or 2016 pick, your choice. Then they think they are the smart one for picking the late pick and you were the fool for considering them equal (even if you new the 2016 pick was the one you would get anyways).

I like that!!!