Thread: Hands-on look at the HTC Nexus 9

Dobber Sports Star

Default Hands-on look at the HTC Nexus 9

HTC releases its first tablet since 2011 next month and it is expected to rival the iPad Air 2. Even though there is no SD slot, I am excited. I will get one opening day and intend on retiring my IPad. Last year, I moved from my iPhone to an HTC one m8, and I couldn't be happier. I will soon be Apple-free.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_google_n...eview-1154.php

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hands-on look at the HTC Nexus 9

Why the hell wouldn't they put a SD expansion slot in this? It's such an easy option to add and one of the most common??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Lots of Android devices come without SD slots, even Google's own, has been like that for years.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Lots of Android devices come without SD slots, even Google's own, has been like that for years.
    Really? Both my wifes Android cell, and my Android cell have SD slots. The two Android tablets I bought my kids last year for Christmas both had SD slots.

Seems like a pretty straight forward addition to ANY media device in my eyes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Really? Both my wifes Android cell, and my Android cell have SD slots. The two Android tablets I bought my kids last year for Christmas both had SD slots.

Seems like a pretty straight forward addition to ANY media device in my eyes.
    My ASUS tablet has a slot, my Samsung Galaxy S5 has one, but my HTC One X last year didn't have one and as far as I know, no Nexus device has had one yet. As for the reasons why companies go without one, my guess is design space. Maybe they have some key features in mind within a set size and can't find room for the slot.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

Not having an SD slot isn't a deal breaker for me. None of the iPads have them. The processing specs on the Nexus 9 are similar to the iPad Air 2, and it is a significant upgrade over my current iPad 2. I am really looking forward to completely moving away from apple products.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, I didn't have an issue with not having one on my HTC One X. Dropbox made handling files quite easy.
    GO WINGS!

The Great One

Apple-free. Congrats.

- - - Updated - - -

ps) bought a google chromebook a couple months ago.......much better than any tablet ive used

Banned

Mr guru, why do you have a quote in your signature that is completely bogus? We just gonna make stuff up now?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Mr guru, why do you have a quote in your signature that is completely bogus? We just gonna make stuff up now?
    Nope you said it. Along with a whole bunch of other idiotic things about Bobby Ryan. You're lucky a mod deleted my thread about it. Some pretty 'good' quotes from you.

Dobber Sports Titan

I’ve had androids for yrs now. My first smartphone ever was an android. An Acer if I remember correctly back in 2009. Since then I’ve had way too many phones actually. I’ve flipped back to Apple twice because the android phones themselves were just not powerful enough for my liking. My phone history has been:
    -Acer
    -iPhone 3G
    -Sony (Erikson I think)
    -HTC one x (Great phone)
    -iPhone 4
    -LG G2.

When I got my Acer I was in love with Android’s system, but the phone itself wasn’t strong enough. Which is always why I flipped back to Apple a couple of times. But in every phone I’ve had, never have I had an SD slot (or used one). HTC One X gives you like 20gigs of DropBox space, so all the photos ended up there. I think Samsung and “No-Name” companies are the only ones that put in SD slots actually. I think its cause the major group of people don’t really care if there’s a slot or not.