Thread: Patience Is A Virtue

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Patience Is A Virtue

As we all know the beginning of the season is always abundant with owners freaking out about unproductive players. Most of the time the level headed guys keep these owners in check, reminding them it's early, and to be patient. However, I think discussing when the right time to freak out would be beneficial. This could potentially keep the abandon ship threads to a minimum.
    C C. Giroux (RW) 1st   J. Pavelski (LW) 2nd   N. Backstrom 5th   M. Scheifele 10th
    LW B. Ryan (RW) 9th   A. Galchenyuk (C) 14th   N. Ehlers (RW) N/A
    RW J. Carter (C) 8th   C. Smith (C) 12th   J. Pominville 15th
    D D. Keith 3rd   J. Carlson 4th   D. Hamilton 13th   N. Leddy 11th
    G B. Holtby 7th   R. Miller 6th   A. Niemi 16th

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Patience Is A Virtue

When most of your players have played 15 games I think it's pretty safe to say some real trends are developing (close to 20% of the season...)

That being said, sometimes I think people are actually a little too cautious when it comes to identifying any obvous need- if you are in Roto for example and know you were weak in a few areas going into the draft and that is very much the case early on it's not hard to identify who is going to be strong and try and find a match there. All depends on your league and league mates.
    14 team Roto Keeper (Auction) $$ League- 82 games played/position slot:
    $204 budget at draft, All players keepable @ increase of 20% previous year... (minimum $10 cost in yr3) and Max 2 goalies..
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, Shutouts

(= current year Keeper Cost)

C (3): Malkin ($29), Seguin ($33), Kuznetsov ($15)
    LW (3)- Dadonov ($2), Kreider ($10), Keller ($10)
    RW (3)- Wheeler ($18), E.Lindholm ($1), Anderson ($2)
    F (1)- All above, Sam Reinhart ($2)
    D (4)- Ekman Larsson ($15), Letang ($17), Burns ($22), Gudas ($4), Borowiecki ($2)

G: Holtby ($22), Lehner ($2), Campbell ($5), Darling ($1), Lundqvist ($25)

I...am your father.

Default Re: Patience Is A Virtue

I don't even look at stats from proven players until 10 games are in the books, and even then I won't act on them. Early games are only for rookies/sophomores/depth guys and react quickly to those changes
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi