Thread: Hockey season is back and have the Studs have come out to play or what

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hockey season is back and have the Studs have come out to play or what

Realize it is just early season but it is simply awesome to see nearly all the big stars in mid season form!

Crosby
    Stammer
    Ovi
    Tavares
    Backstrom
    Perry
    Getzlaf
    The twins
    Seguin and Benn - today's game against CBJ
    Giroux
    Kesler
    Marleau
    Parise.....and more.

Hey even Rick Nash and Mike Green have started finding the back of the net again!

Some early season surprises too - Boychuk, Brock Nelson, Hedman, Plekanec, Nystrom etc.

Don't mean to jinx these guys and risk the wrath of the hockey gods, but it's fun watching the games and so many goals being scored. I guess it also goes to show that the teams do not have their defensive systems down pat yet. Keen to hear what my forum friends think are the surprises so far (good or bad).
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Hockey season is back and have the Studs have come out to play or what

I'm just glad we have hockey again!

My surprise is Plekanec. Only this week did I hear that Malhotra's acquisition would free up Plekanec for more offensive zone starts, which clearly is paying dividends early.

I'm also a little surprised by Daley playing ahead of Goligoski on the Stars top PP unit.

Let's give it another week or so and see if these early season "surprises" continue or were just flashes in the pan.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Hockey season is back and have the Studs have come out to play or what

To quote Pulp Fiction...

"Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet" we're only 2-3 games into the season lol