Thread: Just moved Perry+20th for Tarasenko+Kronwall+6th overall

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Just moved Perry+20th for Tarasenko+Kronwall+6th overall

First team in sig. 20 team, 32 player weighted-multi-cat H2H league ( G, A = 1 //// P, PPP, SHP, Hits, PIMs, GWG, SOG, Blocks, +/- = 0.5 ... and goalie stats)

I won it last year. But I lost a couple players over the summer to retirement or overseas signing so I felt I had to shake things up and make a 2 for 1 deal.

Also wanted I high end pick for the rookie draft - we are implementing a 3 player farm team this year, and I have my eyes on one or two prospects at 6th overall. Also wanted to cash in on Perry before he and Getzlaf slowed down (I know they still have a couple good season left but... ah well).

Tell me I did ok? Tell me Tarasenko will be a superstar one day... Haha

I feel like I could've kept my own 1st rounder but just wanted to get this deal done for some reason.

I've got the strongest D in the league (probably had that before this deal went through actually..). Will probably look to move one of them or make another deal before the season starts.

Thanks for all responses in advance guys!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Just moved Perry+20th for Tarasenko+Kronwall+6th overall

hmmmm... not sure about this one... was tank your prime acquisition?
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Sage

Both Tank and Kronwall were on my radar. Before the deal went through I had 3 empty spots on my roster - with the best players available in FA being guys like: David Jones, Santorelli, Liles, Zucker, Sbisa, Mike Weber, etc... really shallow pool there - and that's BEFORE the rookie/FA draft (we can't pick anyone up until the 60 pick draft is over).
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's not terrible. In such a deep league, depth has more importance which minimizes the blow. Tarasenko is going to have to reach his potential for this to work in your favour though, and the chances of that are probably 50/50. I like Kronwall's multicat statistics here but he's getting a little long in the tooth (although defensemen tend to stick around longer). Hopefully you can turn that pick into something awesome, otherwise here's hoping Tank develops as expected.

Dobber Sports Sage

Ill be taking Nylander or Ehlers (who have turned into two of my favorite prospects) with the 6th pick assuming Draisaitl Bennett Rienhart and Ekblad are gone by then.

I'm sort of happy with the reactions right now. A lot of GMs in this league have been afraid to deal with me, thinking I always win any trade I'm involved in. I think I've lost a couple, this one seems like another loss (though I am happy with it myself) - hopefully they lighten up around the trade tables now.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Star

Losing Perry hurts. But it could work in the long term. I still don't know if I would've done it myself.