Thread: What ADP to use with FHG?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What ADP to use with FHG?

I'm new to FHG this year and want to use someone's ADP (or something) to compare to as I draft. There's probably no single answer since league categories differ, but any suggestions on which ADPs I should use for comparison purposes to FHG ranking? My roto league offensive categories are G,A,Pts,+/-, PIMs. Goalie cats are W, SO, GAA, S%.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: What ADP to use with FHG?

Where is your draft held? Some sites rank the players for you based on you league categories. If it is an offline draft, you could just create fake leagues on Yahoo/Fantrax to get an idea of where people value players.
    In an offline draft, I'd go pretty heavily from the FHG, as other people can't see the average draft position which lulls them into taking some players earlier than they should.
    I think my Top 100 Roto is worth looking at, http://hockey.dobbersports.com/Top-1...september-2014 , but it is based on a few years of FHG data.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's an offline draft, but we manage the pool on CBS. I'm not looking to put too much work into it - I'm just hoping to get a decent idea of where FHG is finding me great value given my categories compared to where others not using FHG may be following more of a list. I could just use the CBS ADPs, but I was just wondering if there are certain sites that have more reputable ADPs than others. I will definitely follow FHG fairly closely, but I think the real value lies in taking the great value as late as possible when compared to more traditional lists. I can use my gut for that, but it would be nice to use some kind of reference.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you are using CBS, you should get the list that people in your league will be looking at WHEN THEY DRAFT.

For example, I do all my drafts using Yahoo!
    I know that several Yahoo! players are really misplaced:
    #50. David Backes (especially if HITS league, and super especially if HITS,FOW league)
    #70. Nicklas Backstrom
    #130-ish. Dustin Byfuglien

From there, it's about "knowing your GMs".
    What do they see on their screen?
    When will they see a name that excites them - that is at the top of your FHG list?

That's the key.
    Don't use some other site ADP.

The value here is CBS vs FHG.
    You want to let the top FHG guys slide as long as you can wait... but still get them.

In Yahoo!, some people are nabbing Nicklas Backstrom at #30 or #40 in their drafts. (even though NB is a 15th-20th player in most fantasy formats)
    And this is mostly because the Yahoo! screen displays about 40 names and people aren't seeing N.Backstrom until the top 30 guys are selected.
    That's the concept you need to consider with CBS vs. FHG.
    Do a mock draft on CBS too, if they have one, just so you can practice seeing the "names come off the board".

Good luck.