Thread: World Cup of hockey 2016

Dobber Sports Genius

Default World Cup of hockey 2016

Looks like another "best on best" international tournament is on the horizon. Looking forward to upcoming details.

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/sport...16_report.html

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: World Cup of hockey 2016

Now lets just see which players actually play. Hard to be "best on best" when half of the best dont play.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Now lets just see which players actually play. Hard to be "best on best" when half of the best dont play.
    I assume that's why it's being held before the season. So that the teams can actually be loaded with the best players.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I suspect the announcement of this tournament will lead to an announcement that the NHL is not sending players to the next Olympics, which is a real shame. Even if you have all the best players in the world playing in this tournament it won't be as big or as special as being apart of the Olympic games.

I hope I'm wrong but I bet the NHL looks at all the revenue that is made from the Olympics, and the costs of disrupting the season, and says "hey we can do that and keep all the money".
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I suspect the announcement of this tournament will lead to an announcement that the NHL is not sending players to the next Olympics, which is a real shame. Even if you have all the best players in the world playing in this tournament it won't be as big or as special as being apart of the Olympic games.

I hope I'm wrong but I bet the NHL looks at all the revenue that is made from the Olympics, and the costs of disrupting the season, and says "hey we can do that and keep all the money".
    The NHL absolutely looks at the revenue. It's a business after all.

I'm actually all for it. I bet the best will play for the most part. It's inevitable that this would happen though, I think. Once the scare of the Russians jumping ship to play in Sochi was passed, there was really no reason not to.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Star

Hope this will be in regular intervals this time lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

I have a hard time seeing the NHL sending players to South Korea for the upcoming Winter Olympics in a few years.

This may fill the void.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Interesting article on the KHL and World Cup 2016.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...144503731.html

Dobber Sports Genius

Update as per Darren Dreger

World Cup Update
    The NHL, NHL Players' Association and International Ice Hockey Federation met on Wednesday in New York regarding the 2016 World Cup of Hockey. While the meeting was described as productive, it's still believed an announcement is at least a month away.
    Toronto will host the event in September of 2016, but it's still unknown as to which countries - or how many - will participate.
    For now, the World Cup of Hockey will remain in North America and is expected to generate a bidding war between potential future host cities, including those in Europe.

Dobber Sports Genius

A look at the possible ramifications a World Cup could have on the NHL's partnership with the IOC.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/n...l-in-question/

Dobber Sports Genius

Radical, and I mean radical changes possible for the upcoming World Cup of hockey as officials mulling over the idea of adding a couple of all star teams to compete with the top rated nation!? I am personally not a fan of this idea.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/w...matic-changes/