Thread: Can I afford to move Goli?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Can I afford to move Goli?

Anther GM is intersted in Goli. Right now he is a keeper for me but I will be potentially dropping the likes of Chara, Campbell and Streit. If I did decide to move Goli how much of a hit am I actually taking on my backend? I won't get into the details, but the other GM is loaded with rookies such as Drouin, Nyqvist and Taravainen and I'm thinking that leveraging his interest in Goli to land one of these guys may be a good idea. Drouin is not likely, but Nyqvist would be very sweet and I can live with Teravainen as well. So the question really is, are one of Chara, Campbell or Streit decent insurance if I cut loose Goli. Who would you keep instead? And, going back to the original question, can I afford to move Goli? Wade in Ladies and Gentlemen.

13 TEAM PARTIAL KEEPER, KEEP 11 PLUS 2 ROOKIES
    SCORING CATS: G, A, PTS, SOG, +/-, PPP, PIM; W, GAA, SV

Current Keeper Defencemen are Josi, Barrie and Goli
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Can I afford to move Goli?

By your cats I may be keeping Chara ahead of Goli anyhow so it seems like a good trade. I can't imagine Goli would have ranked higher than Chara under those stats last season and I think this season will be stasis quo in terms of their production under your scoring system.

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Can I afford to move Goli?

If you can flip Goligoski for a more promising young player then I think that would justify the trade, especially if by doing so you can still keep the likes of Chara or Streit, who are no slouches.