Thread: Rank my team Please (rep ++)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rank my team Please (rep ++)

Plz Rank the team in my signature. Criticisms will be greatly appreciated. Will rep those who answer as well. Thanks

O and i took P.Kane over Tavares. Was that a good move?
    head to head, yahoo-10 team, 1 year

Scoring Cat: (G), (A), (P), (+/-), (PIM), (PPP), (SHP), (GWG), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

Goalie Cat: (GS), (W), (L), (GAA), (SV), (SV%), (SHO)

C: C.Giroux,R.N. Hopkins, N.Kadri, M.Granlund
    LW: C.Kunitz, G.Landeskog, J.V. Riemsdyk, Glencross
    RW: D.Backes, W.Simmonds, Toffoli, B. Gallagher
    D: V.Hedman, K.Shattenkirk, D.Phaneuf, M.Giordano

Utility: N. Kucherov
    Bench: Z.Girgenson, D.Girardi, N.Bjustad
    Goalies: H.Lundqvist, J.Halak, D.Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Rank my team Please (rep ++)

Overall, I like your team. No true offensive elite stud, but still a nice grouping of top-level talent with Kane, Backstrom and Benn. Interesting scoring cats, hits and blocks will play a massive roll in this league. You have a few category killers in hits (Kane, backstrom, little, vanek, erikkson), but did a good job with some multi-cat studs to offset that....should work out ok, but trying to trade depth F like Little and Erikkson for guys that won't kill you in hits might be a good idea to be safe. Your D is hard-hitting and blocks a lot of shots, so you are looking great there, although no high-end offensive output after Webber. Goaltending is the biggest question mark for me, and I'm not sure how much Elliot will pay and you certainly don't want to have to rely on Pavelec as he will murder your sv% and will rarely see a SO.

Overall, I think this is a solid team, but goaltending is a concern for me.

Edit: I didnt see the part about taking Kane over Tavares, and think Tavares is the much better pick there, especially in a hits league.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

thank you shiva, still looking for more opinions. I Tried repping you but it says i have to spread it before repping you again. Will do so once i rep someone else

Scoring Cat: (G), (A), (P), (+/-), (PIM), (PPP), (SHP), (GWG), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

The Great One

Terrible to pick Kane over Tavares in a league that counts Hits and Blocked Shots. Let me guess - you didn't order Dobber's Fantasy Guide? If you did, you'd have seen my article on how Kane is a "Category Killer" in Hits. Oh, and Eriksson is terrible in those categories as well, as was also pointed out in that article.

That all having been said, the rest of your forwards and defense are pretty decent overall - probably among the top half of a 10 team league.

But pinning your hopes on one of Elliott or Pavelec as your second goalie is asking a lot. That's a surefire recipe for disaster.

Overall I think your best case scenario for your team as presently constituted is 3rd place, but 5th - 7th is more likely.

Dobber Sports Master

I don't understand the Tavares snub. Sure Kane is good, but here is a guy in Tavares that should have been Hart Trophy winner two years ago for singlehandedly getting the Islanders into the playoffs. Last year was going well until the injury, and he sounds like he is primed for another huge season. To each their own I guess.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

picked kane over tavares due to the supporting cast