Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fall TV season starts tonight!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Fall TV season starts tonight!

Well, for the most part it starts tonight. There was a couple premieres last week. One show I PVR'd and watched on the weekend that actually looks good is Red Band Society. I will be following that one.

So what new shows have caught your eye as a must watch?

For me:

The Flash looks interesting and I will be checking that one out.

Black-ish will get a look from me as well.

How to get away with murder looks interesting and I will give it a spin.

I am not sure about Scorpion or Stalker but those could be decent as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Fall TV season starts tonight!

When and where is The Flash on? I know Gotham starts tonight, and I'm PVR'ing that one for sure.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    When and where is The Flash on? I know Gotham starts tonight, and I'm PVR'ing that one for sure.
    I know it's out on the CW Network but I do believe CTV is carrying it in Canada. I am not exactly sure what night it's on.

Edit: CTV's website says the show premieres on Tuesday Oct. 7th.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm really interested to check out Gotham. The reviews have looked really good, interesting to see how the will do the prequel as a TV show and not run out of material. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Survivor is about it for me. That and this little thing called NHL hockey. I'm pretty much down with TV these days.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I know it's out on the CW Network but I do believe CTV is carrying it in Canada. I am not exactly sure what night it's on.

Edit: CTV's website says the show premieres on Tuesday Oct. 7th.
    Awesome, thanks, Axeman! So far I haven't been able to get into recent superhero shows (The Arrow and Agents of SHIELD), but I'm hopeful for both Gotham and The Flash.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Survivor is about it for me. That and this little thing called NHL hockey. I'm pretty much down with TV these days.
    Yeah, I'm excited for both of these, too. Wow, it sounds like I watch a lot of TV... Typically I don't at all, but if these shows pan out, maybe I will.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I used to follow Survivor but I haven't watched the past few seasons. It just got stale for me.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I used to follow Survivor but I haven't watched the past few seasons. It just got stale for me.
    There was a period of time there - about 2-2.5 years, where the casting was really poor and the show struggled. The past 4 seasons have all been much better. I think this one is going to be a dud though just looking at the cast, but I'll be watching it anyways.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm totally done with "Live" TV.
    Me & the wife will probably watch Modern Family on Wednesday night and Family Guy on Sunday night... and that might be it.

With Comcast, just about everything is available with their On Demand.
    And we are big into Netflix watching, currently in Season 3 of SUITS (which includes Varys AND Catelyn Stark/Tully from Game of Thrones, how fun!!!)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm totally done with "Live" TV.
    Me & the wife will probably watch Modern Family on Wednesday night and Family Guy on Sunday night... and that might be it.

With Comcast, just about everything is available with their On Demand.
    And we are big into Netflix watching, currently in Season 3 of SUITS (which includes Varys AND Catelyn Stark/Tully from Game of Thrones, how fun!!!)
    I love Suits. We get that on Bravo up here. I have already watched Season 3. You want spoilers??

Dobber Sports Star

The wife and I watch arrow and really like it, so we'll most likely checkout The Flash.

I also wanted to checkout Gotham, but forgot to PVR it yesterday. I will need to check when it will be on again.

Dobber Sports Deity

I watched Gotham last night. It wasn't bad.

We also watched the new show called Forever. It was ok. The wife liked it because of the lead actor and his British accent. LOL!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Finally watched the Gotham premiere on DVR last night. I generally liked it. I thought they tried to cram too many characters and stories into the first episode, I hope this was because it was a pilot and they are trying to hook as many people as possible and they will slow down in future episodes focusing on just one or two characters and stories. I also thought they were to obvious with a few of the characters, I would have preferred Penguin and Ivy's connections to their eventual villain selfs to be more subtle.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ace

Saw The Flash pilot over the summer. It was pretty good. It was actually solid, and a good start for what looks like a solid show. Definitely reccomend. Good show to go with Arrow.

Black-ish was meh, saw it in the summer too as a pilot. Funny but not a show I'd probably keep up with. There are better options out there. It'll kill time if that's what you're looking for though.

Scorpion has an interesting premise but it's a cookie cutter non-cop procedural basically. No real underlying story. Could get better, but it was pretty middle of the line. Somewhat interesting but needs more from it to be watchable.

Still haven't seen Gotham but it looks intriguing. Still weirded out on a Batman show without Batman, but I'll give it a chance.

I'm looking forward to Modern Family being back on again, and SHIELD (once i get to it). ALso How to get away with murder looks intriguing.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson