Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bcpl 14/15

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Bcpl 14/15

352 picks in 2.5 hours. Nicely done.

Prospect draft will start soon. I need sleep, but I will put together the details tomorrow, and post them both here and on our Yahoo page.

There are some other issues we need to sort out as well, like whether we want a proboards forum or not, but we can discuss that in the next few days.

Thanks everyone!

Dobber Sports Initiate

No Free Agent pickups until after the prospect draft. Too messy.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Posted some info about the Prospect Draft on the Yahoo League forum.

Dobber Sports Master

Just wondering who we all are, at the very least our forum names, and the name of the team in the BCPL.

My name is Bill. Obviously, I am aka The Bottlenecker and I am the proud GM of Bottleneckers 2.0.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Just want to confirm something.
    If someone were to trade away all 3 of their picks in the prospect draft, would they be able to add 3 prospects as Free Agents?

I assume the answer would be yes as that makes sense but just want to check!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Just want to confirm something.
    If someone were to trade away all 3 of their picks in the prospect draft, would they be able to add 3 prospects as Free Agents?

I assume the answer would be yes as that makes sense but just want to check!
    I thought the rules outlined draft pick trading had to be equal as no team is allowed more than 3 prospects, but I could be wrong
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The rules state that you must have 3 picks going into the next years draft. and that a pick must be traded for a pick.

I don't think the two necessarily go hand in hand. But I believe the intent was for picks to be evenly dispersed.

Can anyone shed some light on why the requirement for 3 goalies to be carried? There is no distinction for any other position. Just curious.
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Defense-Phaneuf, OEL, Rielly, Barrie, Stone, Murray, Beauchemin
    Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Farm- D. Strome, M. Marner, J Ortio

Dobber Sports Initiate

Maddysdaddy: The rules were written by the original Commish, so I honestly can't explain the three goalie thing. That said, we had a live vote during the Yahoo draft and scrapped that rule. You can have as many goalies as you like. I will edit the rules to reflect the change this evening.

Dooley, from my reading if the rules, you can only add prospects to the farm in the annual rookie draft. I would assume farm players acquired via trade could go to the farm if there is room, but I see nothing about free agents.
    That said, if you guys want to start a discussion about the farm structure, farm size, and how farm players can be obtained, I am cool with that.

4T2 and maddysdaddy: I don't have the rules in front of me and I need to run back to work, but I believe the bit about 1 for 1 pick trades is only mentioned in the part referring to the annual yahoo draft, not the prospect draft, which is discussed farther down in the "Farm Teams" section. I think you could in theory trade me your first rounder for Malkin, leaving me with four picks and you with two. I'd just end up forfeiting my last pick, and you'd be stuck with just two on your farm. Correct me if you see something I don't though.
    Thanks everyone for your patience in working through all this stuff. I had no idea I was doing this job until Friday night so I am learning the rules just as much as you are.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Maddysdaddy: The rules were written by the original Commish, so I honestly can't explain the three goalie thing. That said, we had a live vote during the Yahoo draft and scrapped that rule. You can have as many goalies as you like. I will edit the rules to reflect the change this evening.

Dooley, from my reading if the rules, you can only add prospects to the farm in the annual rookie draft. I would assume farm players acquired via trade could go to the farm if there is room, but I see nothing about free agents.
    That said, if you guys want to start a discussion about the farm structure, farm size, and how farm players can be obtained, I am cool with that.

4T2 and maddysdaddy: I don't have the rules in front of me and I need to run back to work, but I believe the bit about 1 for 1 pick trades is only mentioned in the part referring to the annual yahoo draft, not the prospect draft, which is discussed farther down in the "Farm Teams" section. I think you could in theory trade me your first rounder for Malkin, leaving me with four picks and you with two. I'd just end up forfeiting my last pick, and you'd be stuck with just two on your farm. Correct me if you see something I don't though.
    Thanks everyone for your patience in working through all this stuff. I had no idea I was doing this job until Friday night so I am learning the rules just as much as you are.
    That all makes sense to me. Thanks for clarifying.

I am all for as little restriction on roster makeup as possible.

Adding undrafted prospect "free agents" makes sense, since you can move players from your farm to your active roster. It only makes sense that you be allowed to replenish your farm.

I am sure with all of the experienced GM's in here, we can fine tune this thing to get it working just right.
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

I think capping the farm at 3 is great and I think if someone wanted to trade all of their picks, that should be allowed!

If I traded the 13th, 20th and 45th picks to the owner of the 14th, 30th and 50th for example he would keep my 13th, my 20th and his 14th and discard the 30,45,50.
    At this point I would have no picks in the draft but just like our regular draft, would be able to add 3 prospects to my farm.
    Not sure if we need a vote on this as it seems to fall within regular drafting and add/drop rules but just want to make sure it's allowed.

With that being said, my 13th, 20th and 45th picks are for sale!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have emailed our original Commish to see if he can clarify what his intentions were when it comes to adding guys to the farm.

That said, here is a suggestion:

We have to have three farm players. We have to add them through the draft. If someone has four picks, that fourth pick is forfeit. I think we can solve this by drafting until all the valid picks have been used, and then re-arrange the tail end of the third round into a mini draft for the teams that are short on players. Instead of disappearing entirely, forfeited picks would drop to the end of the draft and be used up by teams with open farm spots. Order would be determined based on a combination of the original prospect draft order, and the rounds of the missed picks. For example, say Dooley and I are the only teams short on players. Let's say Dooley has traded his 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and I have traded just my 2nd. My original 2nd round pick was before Dooley's. The final four picks in the draft would go

Dooley (replace 1st rounder)
    Ed. (Replace 2nd rounder)
    Dooley (Replace 2nd rounder)
    Dooley (Replace 3rd rounder)

Sounds complex, but doable I think. What do you guys think?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Here is the link for the updated rules https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing I didn't have access to edit the old set, so we will work from these ones now. I have added the link to the Commissioner's Note on Yahoo as well.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would have to propose that the farm players are eligible to be carried forward to the following season and not count as keepers. As it stands now, these players would have to either be dropped or kept as part of your 16 keepers for you to be eligible to participate in the draft.

To me that seems to punish people for effectively using thier farm team.

As for teams ending up with more than 3 prospects drafted, I would propose that they be allowed to draft 4,5,6,20 whatever the number is, give them a day or two to send them to the farm, or add them to their active roster (effectively forcing them to drop a player)

Just my two cents. I'm good to go along with what the majority wants. I just think these changes would add to the league.

Cheers

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by maddysdaddy View Post
    I would have to propose that the farm players are eligible to be carried forward to the following season and not count as keepers. As it stands now, these players would have to either be dropped or kept as part of your 16 keepers for you to be eligible to participate in the draft.

To me that seems to punish people for effectively using thier farm team.
    It's 16 farm keepers + 3 farm. The farm guys don't count against your 16. You just decide at the keeper deadline if you want to drop any farm guys to free up space to draft.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Here is my correspondence with the original Commish re: the intent of the rule.

Hey Josh,

BCPL is up and running with 16 teams. All is well, but we have a few questions about your original rules, specifically regarding the farm team. Was it your intention that farm spots could be filled only via the draft, and not by free agent pickups? That seems to be the intent, but it's creating some questions. If you get a chance, can you please let me know what your intentions were, so I can clarify for the rest of the league? They may vote to overhaul the whole thing, which is fun, but we should know what our starting point is before tinkering.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

That was the intent. Feel free to change it, of course. I was thinking the prospect draft would be the only way to add players to the farm, but that during the season they can add them to their team by picking up the farm players they own from FA. And then at any point they can drop them - thereby going back to the farm.

Josh,

Thanks for the reply. What if I drop one of my main team players in mid-season, and decide to promote a farm guy into that spot permanently? Can I then add an FA to the farm, or do I wait until the next year's draft to fill that spot?

The intent was that spot remains vacant until the draft. Or you could trade for a farm player from another team