Thread: Do you like this deal for 1st overall pick

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Do you like this deal for 1st overall pick

10 team keep 27 league, points only. 2nd year of rebuild for a team I took over. We dress 4 of each forward position 5 D and 2 goalies, top 3 at each forward position top 4 D and top G count for points in 2 week cycles.

I finished last and have a 67% chance of picking 1st and 33% chance of picking 2nd based on lottery at our draft.

At centre I have Mackinnon, E Lindholm, Johnson, Schenn and Backlund. I have a very good chance of adding Mcdavid next year as I expect my team to be at the bottom again.

So I'm thinking of giving up my first pick to try improve my wings since I like my young centres and plan to add another good young one next year in first round.

LW I have Drouin, Skinner, Jenner and Etem
    RW I have Yakupov, Kassian, Jensen, Jaskin, Rattie and Armia

with it being keep 27 outside of top prospects our draft pool isn't weak, the established guys I expect to go earliest would be Palat, Zuccarello, R Smith, last year Tlusty was the first established guy to be taken, so short of drafting young players it's hard to fill holes in the roster.

I currently have an offer of Craig Smith, Cam Atkinson and a 2nd round pick in 2015 for my 2014 1st round pick and 2015 3rd round pick.

So do you like the idea of giving up one of Bennett/draisatl/reinhart for Craig Smith and Cam Atkinson and a slightly improved draft pick knowing I can likely add mcdavid/eichel next year to a decent group of young centres.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Do you like this deal for 1st overall pick

Not that I'm endorsing tanking but if I were you I'd just keep going the way you are pick up a guy like Draisatl(I'm not even sure how to say his name lol) or the Sam's. How much would Atkinson and Smith really help you anyway in a keep 27, maybe just lose you Mcdavid or No2. So by the time your 1st this year becomes usefull you'll probably have a better team around him. Todd Richards benched Atkinson alot last year for no reason besides he wasn't playing hard enough. So I'd keep the pick.
    ***2014/2017 Points only League Champion***
    Our league is a 10 team, 12 player keeper. Weekly H2H
    Points only. Dress - 4 LW 4 C 4 RW 6 D 2 G
    Weight - G= 2 A= 1 Hatty =3 W = 2 So=3 OTL=1
    Keepers - Giroux, Ovechkin, Backstrom(C), Tarasenko, Malkin, Wheeler, -- Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo -- Rask, Schneider, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

the reason I was considering it was I have holes to fill and it improves my depth. I'm also not tanking, my team is by far the weakest, I lost by a huge margin this year, I'm legitimately unable to climb out of the basement at this stage.

I did just receive another trade offer that's more interesting a few minutes ago, I would send Yakupov, 7th overall pick this year and my 2nd round pick next year (likely 11th overall) in exchange for Evander Kane, 5th overall pick this year and 2015 1st round pick (likely in the 5-8 range)

That sounds like a great trade, Kane is in the same boat (somewhat he did goal 1 30G season) as Yak & you get picks.
    ***2014/2017 Points only League Champion***
    Our league is a 10 team, 12 player keeper. Weekly H2H
    Points only. Dress - 4 LW 4 C 4 RW 6 D 2 G
    Weight - G= 2 A= 1 Hatty =3 W = 2 So=3 OTL=1
    Keepers - Giroux, Ovechkin, Backstrom(C), Tarasenko, Malkin, Wheeler, -- Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo -- Rask, Schneider, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MJFP View Post
    That sounds like a great trade, Kane is in the same boat (somewhat he did goal 1 30G season) as Yak & you get picks.
    Ended up getting that one to be I gave up Yak, 7th and 25th overall picks this year for Kane 5th overall pick this year and his first round pick next year (probably in the 6-8 range)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by brett_c_b View Post
    Ended up getting that one to be I gave up Yak, 7th and 25th overall picks this year for Kane 5th overall pick this year and his first round pick next year (probably in the 6-8 range)
    I like this trade better than the first one, Yak still has the KHL factor hanging around. Like the first rounders - you can still get decent player at 5 this year as well.
    Kane is also in the top 6 in Wpg.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Master

This second trade works out better than the first I think. Good deal.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

I agree second deal is much better then the first one.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.