Thread: Looks like Cally and Palat will play with Stamkos

Dobber Sports Star

Default Looks like Cally and Palat will play with Stamkos

Of course it is early, but it looks like Cooper likes Callahan and Palat with Stamkos.

"Nevertheless, it was a bit of insight into what the coaching staff is thinking, as top-line C Steven Stamkos worked with Ryan Callahan and Ondrej Palat on the first day, as the search begins to find regular linemates for Stamkos. The team captain played primarily with Tyler Johnson and Palat at the end of last season.

“I don’t think it’s an open audition,” Cooper said. “We’ve got a group that had some success with him last year, and why wouldn’t we go back to that again?’’

Cally may swap out but it looks like Palat is the lucky lottery winner here.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Looks like Cally and Palat will play with Stamkos

The bolts should be a fun team to follow this season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That's the sound of stocks a ris'n

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the lines will change a few times before it's all said and done.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm loving Callahan's prospects on the Lightning over a full season. The TB stat guys are pretty friendly with the hits and bs too (like at MSG), so we should hopefully see a nice little bump in offensive production with Cally's beastly peripherals remaining consistent, good stuff Cally was used a lot on the PP at the end of the season, I expect that he'll be a front of the net guy on the PP1 again this year.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Star

I grabbed Palat off a GM who thought he was selling high. I knew I was buying low...

Can't wait to see what he can do in a full season beside Stammer. I can see the Cally position rotating depending on circumstances, but I think (hope) Palat-Stamkos tandem will remain in tact
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    I grabbed Palat off a GM who thought he was selling high. I knew I was buying low...

Can't wait to see what he can do in a full season beside Stammer. I can see the Cally position rotating depending on circumstances, but I think (hope) Palat-Stamkos tandem will remain in tact
    I agree that Cally will likely bounce around in the top 6, but this is still a big improvement over how Vigneault was using him in NY. He was seeing a lot of 3rd line time, less PP time, and 2-3 less minutes of ice per game compared to what he saw under Torts. Tampa is a more more offensive team, and I'm really happy with how things are looking for Callahan. Any time on the first line with Stamkos is just icing on the cake
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon