Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You Don't Know Bo

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default You Don't Know Bo

Just finished watching a 30 for 30 episode on Bo Jackson. Wow. I sort of remember things, but I wish I took notice of his accomplishments much sooner. I just became a huge Bo Jackson fan. He was drafted FIRST OVERALL by Tampa of the NFL and didn't play for them on principle because they screwed him over (college eligibility). Mad respect for that. Awesome show, see the link below if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIqtDykn0l0
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Default Re: You Don't Know Bo

Awesome 30 for 30. But they're all awesome.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Tremendous athlete. I remember as a kid watching the playoff game vs convo at when he took the hit that ended his football career and almost ended his baseball career. He was especially fascinating to watch in football. Really a shame he didn't get the opportunity to play out his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Awesome 30 for 30. But they're all awesome.
    It really is a remarkable series. Isn't it?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Never realized the TB story. Had to google it and came across this article. Interesting stuff indeed.

http://larrybrownsports.com/everythi...-career/165599

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Never realized the TB story. Had to google it and came across this article. Interesting stuff indeed.

http://larrybrownsports.com/everythi...-career/165599
    I also didn't know the story behind the whole ordeal. Thanks for the link.

Dobber Sports Sage

One of the best 30 for 30's I've seen - thanks for bringing it to my attention! Awesome stuff. What an athlete.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree with MD26, I really liked all the 30 for 30 episodes. I should go download them and watch them again. It's been a while.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Love these series; although not all of them are awesome, this was definitely up there with the best. Haven't watched the Bo one in a while but it was great.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The 30-for-30s are pretty good.
    I haven't disliked one yet.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The 30-for-30s are pretty good.
    I haven't disliked one yet.
    The Ben Johnson one was pretty cool. But reminded me how irritating Carl Lewis can be.

Dobber Sports Genius

I really enjoyed the bad boys Detroit Pistons one and the one about Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic and their relationship during the breakup of Yugoslavia.

I also enjoyed the soccer related ones aired this past summer to coincide with the World Cup. Specifically the story of the 1974 Chilean team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Watched this recently, it was pretty awesome. I've been a Raiders fan my whole life, but Bo was just a littttle bit before my time. I remember hearing my dad and uncle talking about him all the time though. I had no idea just how good he was, pretty incredible that he was tracking to be a hall-of-famer in two sports.

That play they talk about when he's playing for the Royals and throws out Harold Reynolds was awesome. Running to the wall full speed, throwing from the warning track straight into the catcher's mitt on a hit and run. Wow.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Watched this recently, it was pretty awesome. I've been a Raiders fan my whole life, but Bo was just a littttle bit before my time. I remember hearing my dad and uncle talking about him all the time though. I had no idea just how good he was, pretty incredible that he was tracking to be a hall-of-famer in two sports.

That play they talk about when he's playing for the Royals and throws out Harold Reynolds was awesome. Running to the wall full speed, throwing from the warning track straight into the catcher's mitt on a hit and run. Wow.
    Also watched it last night. Hopefully after his short careers and quick end, he's at least financially secure. His Nike deal must have been huge.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Seriously, right!? Not even a one hopper, it was a dart right where it needed to be to throw out a pretty decent runner in Reynolds. Very impressive. Legendary really.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Seriously, right!? Not even a one hopper, it was a dart right where it needed to be to throw out a pretty decent runner in Reynolds. Very impressive. Legendary really.
    Bo Knows!