Thread: Draft Advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Draft Advice

Here is the situation... For the league in my signature, I hold the following picks:

Round 1 - 1 & 3
    Round 2- 4,5,6,11
    Round 3- 1, 4
    Round 4- 11
    Round 8 - 6

The draft is made up of 2014 Draft Picks and all players released from rosters. The way the league typically drafts, the "experienced" players typically hold more value. Wondering who you think I should target at 1 & 3 of the 1st round. I am fairly certain the GM picking 2nd overall will be drafting Goudreau.

I am not entirely concerned with production for the upcoming season, I can stash 3 on my farm team.

Would I be correct in taking Reilly with one of my top 2 picks? I can also make a argument for taking 2 goalies or no goalies.... looking for some advice.

Here are some of the top guys available in addition to the 2014 draft class.

Goudreau
    Morgan Reilly
    Freddie Anderson
    Jake Allen
    Anton Khudobin
    Jake Gardiner
    Sami Vatanen
    Griffen Reinhart
    Boone Jenner
    Teravianen
    Derek Pouliot
    Elias Lindholm
    Curtis Lazar
    Alex Stalock
    Martin Jones
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Defense-Phaneuf, OEL, Rielly, Barrie, Stone, Murray, Beauchemin
    Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Farm- D. Strome, M. Marner, J Ortio

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Draft Advice

I am not well versed in your Goalie scoring cats, however I would look to improve your Goalies from what you have via trade if your in a win now situation. You could take J. Allen if your rebuilding.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Interesting. This for the team in your signature? So Teravainen is on your team yet available?

Is it daily starts and how many do you start at each roster positon?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Interesting. This for the team in your signature? So Teravainen is on your team yet available?

Is it daily starts and how many do you start at each roster positon?
    I will be dropping Tervainen, I just updated my roster.

It is daily starts, 12F 6D 2G
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Do you have a required number of goalie starts each week? You couldn't put Tervainen on your farm?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Minimum 4, I won the championship last year with Quick and rotating spot start goalies.

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well Morgan Rielly and Jake Allen look like good picks to me - can you stuff Allen on the farm if need be? Andersen would be a good 2nd round pick for you.

Pretty sure you will promote Trouba as well which leaves more room on the farm but kinda takes care of most of your D slots.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So you would take Reilly ahead of anyone in the 2014 class?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Well Morgan Rielly and Jake Allen look like good picks to me - can you stuff Allen on the farm if need be? Andersen would be a good 2nd round pick for you.

Pretty sure you will promote Trouba as well which leaves more room on the farm but kinda takes care of most of your D slots.
    Trouba and Nichushkin will both be promoted right after the draft.

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot