Thread: Ehrhoff Keeper Material

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ehrhoff Keeper Material

Not sure if there were any threads regarding Ehrhoff but I am in the process of protecting my top 14 in a H2H 12 team multicat yahoo pool.
    My top 14
    Crosby
    Stamkos
    Tavares
    Ryan
    Voracek
    Schewarz
    Eriksson
    OEL
    Shattenkirk
    Granlund
    B. Schenn
    Schenider
    Rinne

Not looking at positions.
    My bubble players for my last spot is Ehrhoff who I think will be a multi-cat beast in Pitt this year. The others are Moulson, Teuravanien, Ennis, Boedker, Trouba and goalies Khubodin and Lehner.
    Any thoughts what I should do for my bubble spot to protect.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Ehrhoff Keeper Material

If you think your team can win this year, I'd go with Ehrhoff as well.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

I'd love to know the scoring and roster settings to see how valuable particular positions are.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The scoring setting is categories G, A, Pts, PP, +/-, PIM, SOG, GWG, Wins, GAA, Saves, Save %
    We start 4 centers, 4 LW wingers, 4 RW wingers, 5 D, 2 Utility, 3 Goalies.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah... I think Ehrhoff can rekindle some magic this year and contribute substantially with those cats.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Ehrhoff will have a productive year for you, but I would keep Trouba - after this year you ain't getting him back cheap and he is going to be pretty special - yeah you give up some this year but in the long term you should gain quite a bit.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I think Ehrhoff will have a productive year for you, but I would keep Trouba - after this year you ain't getting him back cheap and he is going to be pretty special - yeah you give up some this year but in the long term you should gain quite a bit.
    I would be keeping Trouba all day over Ehrhoff as well. It will be easier to redraft Ehrhoff.
    You will be kicking yourself a year from now if you lose Trouba.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

My concern with Trouba there is Byfuglin and Enstrom ahead of him on the PP whereas I am hearing Ehrhoff is slated to play on the Pens PP1. Based on potential Trouba wins but could Trouba take his game to the next level this year.

Administrator

Yeah, it's probably got to be Trouba. Ehrhoff and some of the other guys (like Moulson) are nice options with this scoring but they are ultimately re-draftable. And I wouldn't be too concerned about Byfuglien blocking Trouba. He's up at forward now. Still playing on the top unit but more as a net presence. If Trouba gets blocked it's because they go with four forwards and stick with Enstrom who has had his struggles. The potential for him is there.

The big thing for me is that you've got a group that can win regardless of who you keep here. Like if things go sour for some reason you could trade Trouba for Ehrhoff. You aren't going the other way on that one. And ultimately your team should be good enough it's not necessary either way.

Administrator

Yeah, it's probably got to be Trouba. Ehrhoff and some of the other guys (like Moulson) are nice options with this scoring but they are ultimately re-draftable. And I wouldn't be too concerned about Byfuglien blocking Trouba. He's up at forward now. Still playing on the top unit but more as a net presence. If Trouba gets blocked it's because they go with four forwards and stick with Enstrom who has had his struggles. The potential for him is there.

The big thing for me is that you've got a group that can win regardless of who you keep here. Like if things go sour for some reason you could trade Trouba for Ehrhoff. You aren't going the other way on that one. And ultimately your team should be good enough it's not necessary either way.