Thread: Blues sign Fabbri to ELC

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Blues sign Fabbri to ELC

http://www.watchfox29.com/sports/sto...PYBfjkEew.cspx

"St. Louis, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - The St. Louis Blues agreed to terms on a three-year, two-way, entry-level contract with forward Robby Fabbri on Tuesday.

The 18-year-old center was taken with the 21st pick in June's draft. He posted 45 goals and 42 assists in 58 regular-season games for the Guelph Storm of the Ontario Hockey League, adding 13 goals and 15 assists in 16 postseason appearances.

Over parts of three seasons in Canadian juniors, the right-handed shooting native of suburban Toronto has collected 55 scores and 68 helpers over 118 regular-season contests."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Blues sign Fabbri to ELC

I think he was one of the biggest steals of the draft.

This guy is going to be quite a player, I think.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yes he is! Trust me. I know!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Am I the only one worried about him being buried in St. Louis?

I mean they have Steen, and Backes, and Oshie, and Schwartz, and Tarasenko, and Stastny, and Berglund, and Lehtera, and Paajarvi, and Ferreiro, and Lindstrom....

How does Fabbri ever get a fair shake there?

That worries me, and has me sliding him down my draft board.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post

I mean they have Steen, and Backes, and Oshie, and Schwartz, and Tarasenko, and Stastny, and Berglund, and Lehtera, and Paajarvi, and Ferreiro, and Lindstrom....

If he can't beat these guys out, then he's not worth owning anyway.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Is he better or worse than Ty Rattie? That could be another guy that cracks the top 6 before Fabbri.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    Is he better or worse than Ty Rattie? That could be another guy that cracks the top 6 before Fabbri.
    This doesn't help his case either.

And as to him not being able to beat out Ferreiro et al - these guys are already on the Blues roster - and Hitchcock isn't exactly known as being a guy willing to gamble on young, unproven, rookies.

I get the feeling that Fabbri owners are in for a long wait.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ace

I predict that Paajarvi, being a RFA, after the 2014/15 season will be playing in Europe in 2015/16. Lindstrom, at 30 years of age, already is. That clears two little hurdles. The following season Backes and Lehtera (age 27) are UFAs. Lehtera may not come to the NHL. That is a third spot easily jumped. Backes will be 32, but I would not be surprised to see him not resigned at that age. Four spots hurdled.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This doesn't help his case either.

And as to him not being able to beat out Ferreiro et al - these guys are already on the Blues roster - and Hitchcock isn't exactly known as being a guy willing to gamble on young, unproven, rookies.

I get the feeling that Fabbri owners are in for a long wait.
    I do agree with that, Fabbri won't be an instant-impact prospect. It's going to be a couple few years before he's challenging for a spot. By that time I expect some of those guys will no longer be in St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by mojavedesert
    I predict that Paajarvi, being a RFA, after the 2014/15 season will be playing in Europe in 2015/16. Lindstrom, at 30 years of age, already is. That clears two little hurdles. The following season Backes and Lehtera (age 27) are UFAs. Lehtera may not come to the NHL. That is a third spot easily jumped. Backes will be 32, but I would not be surprised to see him not resigned at that age. Four spots hurdled.
    Lindstrom and Lehtera are currently in North America to play for the Blues. Will they be there long-term? I don't know, but right now they're either on the roster or battling for a spot.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post

Lindstrom and Lehtera are currently in North America to play for the Blues. Will they be there long-term? I don't know, but right now they're either on the roster or battling for a spot.
    Thanks for updating my knowledge Fast Tony, as I was unaware of those facts. At their ages, I will assume that when Fabbri is ready, neither of them will be in St Louis, as you have already alluded to.