Thread: Price for Bobrovsky / Drouin for Mackinnon trade! - need thoughts

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Price for Bobrovsky / Drouin for Mackinnon trade! - need thoughts

A fellow GM has made an offer to me for Price and Drouin+ for his Mac and Bob. +

I'm going to make a little tweek to it, but here is what I might counter with....should I do this for my league below.

to him: Price, Drouin, Tarasenko, 10th (early)

to me: Mackinnon, Bobrovsky and my 6th rd entry (late 6th)
    thoughts thoughts thoughts? Do I send this?? I would run Skinner/Neal on LW each week, with Seguin/Mac at C and Eberle/Ryan on RW. not too shabby.

give me a yes or no with my setup. i'm at work and will check later in evening. i have until tomorrow to respond.

thanks in advance
    COD
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Price for Bobrovsky / Drouin for Mackinnon trade! - need thoughts

Call me crazy but in fantasy hockey I don't think Price and Bob are too far apart, and I think the upgrade to Mack is huge! I would do it.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

points only I am not sure I see MacK as being that big of an upgrade on Drouin

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ace

I take the Mack\Bob\6th side
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like the MacKinnon side as well. We haven't seen Drouin yet, so we don't know what he will turn out to be.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Genius

i'm listening, keep the thoughts coming!

Dobber Sports Stud

i agree with the post above that said that in fantasy, price and bob aren't that far apart. now, i think drouin will be a superstar, but mac will be a top 5 player in the league.
    and especially with your league only counting wins and shutouts for goalies, there really isn't much difference between bob and price. the habs are gonna be great some years, and not so good in other years. the blue jackets though seem like they're gonna consistently be a playoff team. bob should be good for 35 wins every year. price isn't much better than that. and some years he might be worse with your league settings.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like the Mac/Bob side. I think MTL played over the head last year so Price may not outperform Bob. You may want to wait a couple weeks as CBJ seem to start slowly and come on strong, with the main player a potential holdout they may start even worst than normal. Then when Bob looks like crap make the deal. Even if Drouin lives up to the hype it make take a couple of years with the competition he has on TB. MacK is a top six forward already.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Bob and Price are relatively close (as mentioned by other posters as well)... The big part is Drouin v Mack. I am sure there are many schools of thought out there that Drouin will be better than mack because Drouin will get to play with Stamkos. From what i have seen Mack appears to be able to create his own opportunities and has great linemates to feed the puck to as well in Colorado.

Drouin's production may be dependant on the opportunity in Stamkos and may need to rely on a Stamkos type to get up to Mackinnon scoring numbers. Again.. tough to say since he still hasn't played an NHL game as of yet.

I'll just an another wrench in this... Stamkos is an UFA in 2 years... not sure how we will look at Drouins value if Stamkos leaves. I suspect it will be Neal type conversations with how he (Neal) is now viewed that he no longer plays with Malkin.

Sorry.... long winded me saying yes.. i prefer MacK / Bob here.
    12 Team Keeper (keep 14)
    G,A,+/-,PIMS, GWG, W,SA, SO

C - Seguin, Monahan, RNH
    RW - Mackinnon, Duchene, Hornqvist
    LW -Hoffman, Marleau, Panik,
    D - Fowler, Hedman, Ristolainen, Barrie, Klefbom, Goligoski
    Util - Coyle, Tatar, Little, Ladd,
    Goalie - Rask, Varly
    , Grubauer, Forsberg, Bobby Lou

2013/2014 League Champion

Dobber Sports Genius

I like Mack/Bob here myself, but if he is coming to you with this type of deal I would pare it down a smidge and feel him out. Maybe drop the 10th rounder from your side and just leave Tank in there?
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Deity

Why are you giving up Tarasenko along with Drouin and Price?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd take the offer even without Tank. The GM in my league (points only)with MacK is asking for way more.
    12 team,Dynasty,Full keeper,No Farm,H2H,Weekly start
    20 man roster, No IR, Unlimited trades and waiver pick ups
    Start 4F, 2D, 1G
    G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=1

N. Kucherov
    P. Kane
    E. Pettersson
    C. Keller
    B. Boeser
    M. Boldy
    N. Ehlers
    W. Johnston
    L. Cooley
    M. Michkov
    W. Smith

E. Karlsson
    J. Carlson
    N. Dobson
    C. Addison
    J. Drysdale

S. Bobrovsky
    T. Demko
    F. Gustavsson
    P. Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Genius

done deal as per my 1st post + I added Granlund (drop likely). So I got Mac! that's ok with me.

i'll rep in coming days ...night gents!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    done deal as per my 1st post + I added Granlund (drop likely). So I got Mac! that's ok with me.

i'll rep in coming days ...night gents!
    You got MacKinnon who whatever wounds you inflicted on your team will be healed over time...but MacK will still be yours. Good job IMO. I took serious welts to get top notch players like Tavares and Quick in my league but it worked out long term.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry