Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - September 2, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - September 2, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    I haven't read much on Dustin Brown this off-season but he is coming off a terrible 27 pt season.
    Why did that happen and what should owners expect this coming season? Is he still top 6 material?
    I'm mystified. His postseason suggests he can get back above 45 points. But I thought he was on the upswing and would get into the 60s last year. He's still on the Kopitar line so I think he bounces back
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    If you had to choose between Little and Kreider in a keeper league (in sig), who would you choose and why?
    You don't have hits or PIM so I would rather have Little. His offensive upside is slightly higher, and Kreider doesn't have those other cats to give him an edge here

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am looking to draft a goaltender for my 30 team salary cap dynasty league. I currently have Tuukka Rask, Darcy Kuemper and Laurent Brossoit so would like to add another prospect. My first pick starts the 3rd round. Who do you draft first:

Kirsters Gudlevskis
    Connor Hellebuyck
    Joni Ortio
    Nathan Lieuwen
    or a goaltender chosen in the 3rd round or later in this year's NHL draft?

Thank you.
    Gudlevskis for sure. I think he'll surprise and we may even see him this year with an injury to Bishop

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    PTS only league...2 years from now
    Nyquist or Neal?
    Yakupov or Kuznetsov?

Thx
    Nyquist
    Kuznetsov

But I would rather Neal right now and then trade him for Nyqvist and a pick because right now I still feel that Neal has more value to other fantasy owners.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm mystified. His postseason suggests he can get back above 45 points. But I thought he was on the upswing and would get into the 60s last year. He's still on the Kopitar line so I think he bounces back
    Well that makes 2 of us!
    I'm chalking it up to a fluke of a bad season and hope he can get back into that sweet 50 pt range (my league includes Hits so 50pts + 300 Hits is awesome)

thanks for this Dobber
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Points only. 12 teams, keep 6. Weekly 9F, 4D 1G.
    Keepers: Stamkos, Malkin, Ovechkin, HSedin, Pietrangelo and Price. So, 4F, 1D, 1G to start.
    I have picks #10 and #20 for the first 2 rounds.
    Only 16 or 17 Dmen will be kept for the league. So, each year, half of the first two rounds selections are dmen.
    The way I figure things out:
    Best Forwards available - low 60's - vanRiemsdyk, Turris, O'Reilly, Pominville... - Probably still some 60 points left at pick #20.
    Best Dmen available - low 40's - Giordano, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug... - Probably no 40 points left at pick #20.
    Question:
    Would you target a 2nd dman with pick #10 (I'm really high on Goligoski) or take a 5th forward?
    We dress 9 F each week to only 4 D...
    What do you think is more valuable - a 60/65 points Forward or a 40/45 points dman?
    Before you even got to your question I had locked onto the name - Goligoski. That's the way to go here for sure.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hey Dobbs - just trying to reaffirm your love for RNH.
    I've stayed the course the last few years and tossed good talent away in a limited keeper league where positions matter and PTS is the main rotisserie categories.
    In order to keep him again this year I'll be tossing the likes of Neal, Nyquist, Kuznetsov, Yakupov, Galchenyuk.
    I still adhere to the Dobber Guide as the ultimate Manifesto but admittedly I've looked at other periodicals where they've started to downgrade RNH...enough to cause concern.
    Do I continue to fish with RNH or is now the time to cut bait for another noted above?
    Thx
    I'd be taking a long hard look at Nyquist or Kuznetsov...but in the end you have to go with the more proven guy. Even if he's hurt for 10 games and doesn't break out, you're still fairly safe at 55-60 points.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    30 team dynasty league that counts G, A, +/-, hits, blocked shots, takeaways, PP TOI, SH TOI

Who do you like more for the future as I already know your thoughts for this year thanks to your guide?

Christian Folin
    Chad Ruhwedel
    I don't think much of Ruhwedel, but I'm not really familiar with his blocked shots either. So with that in mind, take with a grain of salt, but I like Folin (risk/reward). You'll know what you have in a year and can replace him if it looks wrong.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    TT, Drouin and 1st or 2nd overall in 2016 or McDavid/Eichel. Points only. No positions.
    Geez, you don't mess around! And why is it McDavid or Eichel? There is a chance it would be Eichel? Without the guarantee of McDavid I'm taking the TT/JD/1st side of the offer.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by valec View Post
    Datsyuk or Gaborik in a pts only cap hit keeper?
    I would keep Datsyuk and then I would trade him early in the season, maybe get Gaborik+ for him

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by big_dl View Post
    I won the league last year and have hopes of repeating. It's a 30 team cap league where we start 12 f, 6d, 1g with an 11 man bench (Cats: skaters: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,SHG,GWG,OTG,B,H / goalies: W,SHO,Svs,GA,OTL).

Here's the roster I finished with last year:

F: Malkin, Seguin, Tavares, Pavelski, Kadri, Mi Granlund, Coyle, Scheifele, Maroon, Beleskey, King, Calvert
    D: Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Giordano, Hedman, Barrie, Gardiner
    G: M Smith

Bench:
    F: Santorelli, Z Smith, Glencross, Cleary, Flynn, Radulov
    D: Bartkowski, Bieksa
    G: Holtby, Greiss, Bryzgalov, Markstrom

Current roster:
    F: Malkin, Tavares, Seguin, Okposo, Hornqvist, Kadri, Mi Granlund, Scheifele, Coyle, Maroon, Beleskey Calvert
    D: Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Hedman, Barrie, Gardiner, Muzzin
    G: Holtby

Bench:
    F: Raffl, Lee, M Martin, King, Radulov
    D: Gryba, Bartkowski
    G: J Peters

I had to cut close to 15m in salary because I took on extra salary at the end of last year with Tavares + on IR, meaning there was no way I could keep everybody. My question is did I improve on my team from last year? If not did I at least maintain my chances of repeating?
    Your team looks better. Looks like Pavelski/Gio/Smith are out...Okposo/Muzzin in. You need to beef up the G depth but otherwise you look great

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Kucherov or Etem? Pts only.

Thanks Dobbs!
    Kucherov for me

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Did buy the guide - just seeing if there were any changes of opinion - lots of chatter on Horny lately Trying to gauge trade value.

Have to decide on Vats or Bjug for one of my last keepers.
    Thanks for input always appreciated -
    Stick to my strategy - keep D over F if it's a tie

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by bbsunshine92 View Post
    Do you think James Neal is still capable of 20 goals, 30 assists, 200+ shots and 20 STP's with the Predators? Or is his stock falling for good reason now that he isnt playing with the likes of Crosby and Malkin?
    Yes that seems reasonable. Even 25 goals

Dobber Sports Deity

From earlier this week in the forums, I am curious on your opinion on this trade offer.

Points only keeper lge.

Strome and Kucherov for Nichuskin.

What side do you want long term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."