Thread: Need help with final 2 keepers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Need help with final 2 keepers

Having a tough time figuring out what to do with the final 2 keepers spots in a 10-team, points-only, keep 6 league. G and A count for 1 point each, wins are 2 pts and shutouts are an additional 3 pts. Easy top 4 keepers are JT, Hall, Benn, Subban. After that I need to choose from:

Patch
    Vrbata
    Ryan
    Elias
    Filppula
    Yakupov
    Barkov

Could also think about OEL, Hedman or Price if I go with another non-forward. I’ve tried kicking tires on guys like Voracek who I feel are underrated but having no luck so far (although I was offered Galchenyuk for a middling draft pick – something else to consider.) I did have a sweetheart deal on the table from another GM to get Duchene for my Ryan/Yak but he pulled it, very unfortunately for me. I feel I have a very strong top 4 and decent options for the final 2 keepers and am definitely in a position to win this year with smart drafting.

According to the guide, Patch and Vrbata would be the way to go, although Price projects as the 2nd best goalie in the league. I could maybe go with OEL/Hedman to have 2 top D and concentrate on going with all forwards in the early draft and a late flier on a goalie like Lethonen or someone like that who will fall to the bottom of the draft. What would you guys go with in this situation?

We are also expanding by 2 teams this year as well and I should be able to sell Ryan, Yak and Barkov for decent draft picks if I can convince one of them to just grab as many young guys/prospects as they can to compete in a few years.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Need help with final 2 keepers

pair of Habs for me

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Star

Price and Patch for me. I don't think you give up a goalie like Price.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    Having a tough time figuring out what to do with the final 2 keepers spots in a 10-team, points-only, keep 6 league. G and A count for 1 point each, wins are 2 pts and shutouts are an additional 3 pts. Easy top 4 keepers are JT, Hall, Benn, Subban. After that I need to choose from:

Patch
    Vrbata
    Ryan
    Elias
    Filppula
    Yakupov
    Barkov

Could also think about OEL, Hedman or Price if I go with another non-forward. I’ve tried kicking tires on guys like Voracek who I feel are underrated but having no luck so far (although I was offered Galchenyuk for a middling draft pick – something else to consider.) I did have a sweetheart deal on the table from another GM to get Duchene for my Ryan/Yak but he pulled it, very unfortunately for me. I feel I have a very strong top 4 and decent options for the final 2 keepers and am definitely in a position to win this year with smart drafting.

According to the guide, Patch and Vrbata would be the way to go, although Price projects as the 2nd best goalie in the league. I could maybe go with OEL/Hedman to have 2 top D and concentrate on going with all forwards in the early draft and a late flier on a goalie like Lethonen or someone like that who will fall to the bottom of the draft. What would you guys go with in this situation?

We are also expanding by 2 teams this year as well and I should be able to sell Ryan, Yak and Barkov for decent draft picks if I can convince one of them to just grab as many young guys/prospects as they can to compete in a few years.
    How are goalies scored? W=2, SO=3?
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Titan

If you’re not a habs fan I’d be tempted to go with Bobby Ryan to see what he does healthy and in a contract yr. But 5th keeper has to be Price. Hedman will be a 50-60pt d-man this yr I think.

I’d have my 6 as. JT, Halll, Benn, Subban, Price, Hedman/Ryan/Vrbata. Ryan is a LW/RW I think and with hall and benn as C/LW you need the flexibility.

That’s all mute if you don’t have positions tho.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

I think Patches and Price are the top 2 options. I am hoping Vrbata land on a line with the twins and if he does he could have a big year but he should be much easier to re-draft than Price or Pacioretty. OEL is a good option as well but I dont think you need to keep a Dman in a keep 6 setup.

No positions outside of starting 12F, 6D and 1G each week. I actually am a Habs fan so I'm ok with keeping 3 Habs out of 6 keepers if that's the best route. I'm a little hesitant as goalies are typically undervalued in this league and outside of Rask in the 1st round last year, it took until the 3rd round for the first goalies that were not kept to be drafted (Rinne, Quick) and good value can be found in later rounds (Bob went in 4th, Schneider in 10th.) I have the 3rd overall pick so would be able to get Price back in the 1st or maybe 2nd round if I don't keep him.

vitun - wins are worth 2 pts, shutouts are worth additional 3 pts (so 5 pts for a shutout win.)

I've actually heard back from the Voracek owner and I can nab him for a draft pick upgrade (my 2nd for his 6th.) Would you guys consider that? I like him a lot and he's a good keeper option moving forward as well.

Dobber Sports Guru

I've actually heard back from the Voracek owner and I can nab him for a draft pick upgrade (my 2nd for his 6th.) Would you guys consider that? I like him a lot and he's a good keeper option moving forward as well.
    So the trade is really Patches (or Price) and a 2nd for Voracek and a 6th .... Not sure I love that pick downgrade. In a keep 6 the difference between a 2nd round pick and a 6th rounder is significant.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I still prefer the Habs

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Titan

I wouldn’t give up anything higher than a 5th rounder for voracek. 5th +9th for Voracek +6th + 13th maybe.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Appreciate the thoughts guys, thank you! I'm leaning towards keeping Price now unless I can get the price on Voracek dropped.