Thread: Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Tarasenko

I have marty St. Louis and can do a trade where I acquire Tarasenko and a 1st rounder next year.
    It's a keep 5, points only league where goals are 2, A is 2, ppg is 3 and shg is 4.
    I won last year and am a long shot for this year. Gearing up to compete harder next year.
    Would you do it and if not who would you move MSL for?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Tarasenko

I think that is good value for Tarasenko. However... St Louis will likely be worth more next year, so unless you think that Tarasenko is a keeper for you, I dont understand the motivation for the trade.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes he would be my fifth and final keeper.
    I'm trying to find a player that will outscore MSL next year - someone who is a good up and comer keeper.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

How many teams are in the league? Also, would you have to give a pick in the trade?

In a keep 5 that 1st rounder could turn out to be a really good player. That's a big factor to consider.

Need more league info....BUT
    If you're a long shot for this year and are not competing for a championship it makes sense to do this trade.
    However, it's doubtful Tank becomes a keep 5 performer this year but I do not think Marty is either, so why not take the gamble. Marty is winding down and Tank does have huge upside but remains to be seen if he goes enough to warrant enough in a keep 5.
    You get a 1st round pick next year which is huge.
    So between Tank and that future 1st round pick you might just find yourself a keeper to replace Marty.
    I say go for it since you're not competing for a championship this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Smyl View Post
    I have marty St. Louis and can do a trade where I acquire Tarasenko and a 1st rounder next year.
    It's a keep 5, points only league where goals are 2, A is 2, ppg is 3 and shg is 4.
    I won last year and am a long shot for this year. Gearing up to compete harder next year.
    Would you do it and if not who would you move MSL for?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

16 teams
    I would give last round pick.
    Mcdavid is at the back of my mind too - our first round is a lottery system so I would have 2 of 16 balls in to win 1st overall

I'm trying to find a player that will outscore MSL next year - someone who is a good up and comer keeper.
    I don't think Tank will outscore MSL next year. In fact, I don't think he'll even come all that close. Could be a good 15 point gap between the two.

That being said, I think I would make the deal. If you don't think you can compete next year then you can wait for Tank to outscore MSL in two-three years from now. Plus, that extra 1st rounder is a great piece.

Any chance you could target someone other than Tank and still get a 1st? Someone like a Granlund or Huberdeau?

The Great One

16 teams
    I would give last round pick.
    Mcdavid is at the back of my mind too - our first round is a lottery system so I would have 2 of 16 balls in to win 1st overall
    That makes things interesting. In light of that Id say... sure? You have to know you lose this year though. In fact- youre basically hoping that someday Tank can be MSL- lol! You know your league and format better than us- if you really cant compete- than this is an ok (and actually very interesting) deal. Id probably accept BUT just dont start pencilling in Tank for MSL numbers. You are getting a nice return but probably wont see an actual improvement in their point differentials until at least next year- maybe even another year- cause Marty doesnt seem to acknowledge that hes getting older :P

Dobber Sports Ace

In a 5 keeper you should be able to compete each year. If you draft good. Unless you traded a bunch of picks or good keepers to win. Tank for me over MSL on Rangers. But Tank or MSL are not great players for keep 5. what does rest of keepers look like?
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

MSL > Tarasenko for next year IMO. If the intent is to outferform MSL than i would look elsewhere

Banned

vastly overhyped IMO...no enough proven...43 points is promising but the blues are mad deep