Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mike Fisher shoots and he scores!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Mike Fisher shoots and he scores!

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ng-first-child

"One of hockey's most famous couples made an unexpected announcement Monday when country music superstar Carrie Underwood revealed through Twitter that she and husband Mike Fisher are expecting their first child. The couple's dogs helped out with the announcement.

https://twitter.com/carrieunderwood/...095680/photo/1

In honor of "Labor" Day...Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement. Their parents couldn't be happier!
    And just to make sure Underwood wasn't announcing a new addition to the dog family, Fisher confirmed that it will indeed be a baby. He has an interesting take on the name, though.

https://twitter.com/mikefisher1212/s...54649868898304

We haven't picked names yet but it's looking like Fly is gonna fly. #boyorgirl #flyfisher
    Fisher, a center for the Nashville Predators, is currently recovering from a ruptured Achilles suffered in offseason training in early July. Fisher's timeline for return was set at four-to-six months, which should leave plenty of time to help baby proof the house.

Fisher and Underwood, who met while the veteran NHL forward was playing for the Ottawa Senators in 2008, have been married since 2010. Fisher was eventually traded to Nashville, where Underwood resides, in 2011.

Fisher is a veteran of 887 NHL games between Ottawa and Nashville. He has 481 career points.

And this concludes your celebrity NHL news update. We really need hockey to start, eh?"
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Mike Fisher shoots and he scores!

And that is how you slip one by the tender...

Interesting how he did this while injured...of course, I am surprised Mr. Fisher doesn't get injured more often to spend more time with the missus...LOL!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What is it with all of those wacko celebrity baby names?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

I tought they weren't together anymore. Guess I was wrong!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I tought they weren't together anymore. Guess I was wrong!
    Maybe you're thinking of Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie? They've been on and off for a while.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie? They've been on and off for a while.
    Oh ya, I think you're right. I should pay more attention to my celebrity hockey gossip!

Dobber Sports Deity

What is it with all of those wacko celebrity baby names?
    What wacko names are ya referring to?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What wacko names are ya referring to?
    Let's see here. I had like eight of them ready to go, but I went to a site with a big list of celebrity baby names... strap in, folks!

Kal-El (yes, Nic Cage named his son Superman's Kryptonian name), Brooklyn, Cruz, Mirabella Bunny, Satchel, Lyric Angel, Ireland, Alabama Luella, Harper Seven, Zowie (David Bowie's kid), Moroccan Scott, Audio Science (I shit you not), Calico Dashiell, Melody Rain, Aquinnah Kathleen, Fifi-Trixibelle, Little Pixie, Peaches Honeyblossom (those last three are credited to Bob Geldof), Journey, Greer, Phoenix Chi, Bluebell Madonna, Alcamy, Sage Ariel, Boston, Maxine Vita, Java Jumala (Sawyer from Lost's kid), Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (yep), Jermajesty, Phyllon, Bear Blu, Moxie Crimefighter, Cannon, Chance, Rocko Akira Clapp, Pilot Inspektor, Harlow Winter, Sparrow James Midnight, Dreavyn Kingslee, Speck Wildhorse, Ever Imre, Kaydnz Kodah, Brawley King, Daisy Boo, Petal Blossom Rainbow, Poppy Honey (last three courtesy of Jamie Oliver), Zuma Nesta Rock, Destry Allyn, Fuchsia, Banjo, Atlas, Ciella Larryn, Morocco, Sunday Rose, Bandit Lee, North (as in North West, because Kanye), True, Scout, Rumer, and I'll end this list with Frank Zappa's kids: Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, Diva Muffin, Ian Donald Calvin Euclid "Dweezil", Moon Unit.

Michael Jackson had two kids. A boy and a girl. Prince Michael and Paris Michael Katherine. Go figure.

Knox Leon Jolie-Pitt
    Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt
    Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt
    Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt
    Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt
    Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt

Then we have the Duggar family with NINETEEN kids, ALL OF THEM with names beginning with the letter J. I. Shit. You. Not. Oh, and the dad's name is Jim Bob. I couldn't make this up if I tried.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Mike found the 5 hole! awesome news for them

Dobber Sports Deity

Let's see here. I had like eight of them ready to go, but I went to a site with a big list of celebrity baby names... strap in, folks!

Kal-El (yes, Nic Cage named his son Superman's Kryptonian name), Brooklyn, Cruz, Mirabella Bunny, Satchel, Lyric Angel, Ireland, Alabama Luella, Harper Seven, Zowie (David Bowie's kid), Moroccan Scott, Audio Science (I shit you not), Calico Dashiell, Melody Rain, Aquinnah Kathleen, Fifi-Trixibelle, Little Pixie, Peaches Honeyblossom (those last three are credited to Bob Geldof), Journey, Greer, Phoenix Chi, Bluebell Madonna, Alcamy, Sage Ariel, Boston, Maxine Vita, Java Jumala (Sawyer from Lost's kid), Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (yep), Jermajesty, Phyllon, Bear Blu, Moxie Crimefighter, Cannon, Chance, Rocko Akira Clapp, Pilot Inspektor, Harlow Winter, Sparrow James Midnight, Dreavyn Kingslee, Speck Wildhorse, Ever Imre, Kaydnz Kodah, Brawley King, Daisy Boo, Petal Blossom Rainbow, Poppy Honey (last three courtesy of Jamie Oliver), Zuma Nesta Rock, Destry Allyn, Fuchsia, Banjo, Atlas, Ciella Larryn, Morocco, Sunday Rose, Bandit Lee, North (as in North West, because Kanye), True, Scout, Rumer, and I'll end this list with Frank Zappa's kids: Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, Diva Muffin, Ian Donald Calvin Euclid "Dweezil", Moon Unit.

Michael Jackson had two kids. A boy and a girl. Prince Michael and Paris Michael Katherine. Go figure.

Knox Leon Jolie-Pitt
    Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt
    Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt
    Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt
    Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt
    Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt

Then we have the Duggar family with NINETEEN kids, ALL OF THEM with names beginning with the letter J. I. Shit. You. Not. Oh, and the dad's name is Jim Bob. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

LOL! I get that there are plenty of wacko celeb baby names out there already but what does that have to do with Fisher/Underwood having a baby. They haven't released any possible names yet, not that I have heard at least.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Then what is Fly all about?

Dobber Sports Deity

Then what is Fly all about?
    Gotcha, I missed that. I thought he was talking about his own nickname or something.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Come on Mike, your supposed to be recovering.. David Poille is not going to be happy hearing this..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

fly fisher, as in the hobby I would assume...

Dobber Sports Master

Apparently the league office reviewed the tape and gave the goal to Hornqvist instead...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril