Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NHL.com top-275 overall fantasy rankings

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: NHL.com top-275 overall fantasy rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    Is it me or are they undervaluing Ovechkin? Surely his +/- will rebound this year... I don't think his goals and assists will dip that much. IMO, I think he should slide to 3 or 4.
    Everyone is undervaluing Ovi at this point
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    Is it me or are they undervaluing Ovechkin? Surely his +/- will rebound this year... I don't think his goals and assists will dip that much. IMO, I think he should slide to 3 or 4.
    I am pretty sure I saw THN's top 50 players and Ovechkin was ranked #16. Everyone undervalues him since his videotaped back-checking insident which other star players do constantly too, but they aren't Russian so Ovechkin should try harder

This list is pretty awful, they tend to go by last years stats only I find. Well except for players who would be their favorites, they stay up high.

Did anyone see their sleeper lists? There are literally no sleepers on any of the lists haha (except a couple from Sitkoff). Jensen has Kuznetsov and Hornqvist as sleepers.
    Jensen sleepers - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads
    Sitkoff - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729153
    Cubeta - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728906
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I am pretty sure I saw THN's top 50 players and Ovechkin was ranked #16. Everyone undervalues him since his videotaped back-checking insident which other star players do constantly too, but they aren't Russian so Ovechkin should try harder

This list is pretty awful, they tend to go by last years stats only I find. Well except for players who would be their favorites, they stay up high.

Did anyone see their sleeper lists? There are literally no sleepers on any of the lists haha (except a couple from Sitkoff). Jensen has Kuznetsov and Hornqvist as sleepers.
    Jensen sleepers - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads
    Sitkoff - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729153
    Cubeta - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728906
    Yeah, there's some good laughs on those lists. Drouin as a sleeper? In what world are people unaware of him and/or willing to take a risk on him fairly early?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Yeah, there's some good laughs on those lists. Drouin as a sleeper? In what world are people unaware of him and/or willing to take a risk on him fairly early?
    Not everyone spends times on Dobber.com (even if they should). My yearly league has a lot of guys that probably print out a list of last year's top scorers and head to the draft. If a player isn't high on the Yahoo queue, they don't get taken in a lot of leagues.

Not saying these sleeper lists are great, but they've got a much wider audience to consider.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Not everyone spends times on Dobber.com (even if they should). My yearly league has a lot of guys that probably print out a list of last year's top scorers and head to the draft. If a player isn't high on the Yahoo queue, they don't get taken in a lot of leagues.

Not saying these sleeper lists are great, but they've got a much wider audience to consider.
    I don't know if you need to spend time on Dobber.com to find out about Drouin - pick up any number of fantasy magazines or look at any fantasy rankings for the upcoming season and Drouin will be keyed in on heavily. I agree that Yahoo does appeal to a much wider audience than us Dobber nerds, but Drouin has been a Calder candidate for the last two years. There has been plenty of coverage on him despite not having played in the NHL yet. Yahoo ranks him fairly high so he's not exactly hidden. I think more than half of fantasy players would be aware of the Drouin hype. I would imagine less know about the Hornqvist hype for example. I found the lists did have some good sleepers for regular leagues, but Drouin considered a sleeper made me scoff.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    I don't know if you need to spend time on Dobber.com to find out about Drouin - pick up any number of fantasy magazines or look at any fantasy rankings for the upcoming season and Drouin will be keyed in on heavily. I agree that Yahoo does appeal to a much wider audience than us Dobber nerds, but Drouin has been a Calder candidate for the last two years. There has been plenty of coverage on him despite not having played in the NHL yet. Yahoo ranks him fairly high so he's not exactly hidden. I think more than half of fantasy players would be aware of the Drouin hype. I would imagine less know about the Hornqvist hype for example. I found the lists did have some good sleepers for regular leagues, but Drouin considered a sleeper made me scoff.
    I do feel like the Hornqvist one was a legitimate sleeper though. ALot of GMs in my league are quite unaware of the potential Hornqvist has in Pit. For all of us who spend time on this site it's common knowledge by now, which is why I love it!
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    I do feel like the Hornqvist one was a legitimate sleeper though. ALot of GMs in my league are quite unaware of the potential Hornqvist has in Pit. For all of us who spend time on this site it's common knowledge by now, which is why I love it!
    That's what I was saying. I feel the Drouin hype is omnipresent while the Hornqvist hype is more Dobber contained but not universally known (probably in large part by Dobber himself trying to trade Neal for Hornqvist)

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry