Thread: Heatley to play top line with Getzlaf and Perry?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Heatley to play top line with Getzlaf and Perry?

At least, Boudreau will surely try this line....will it last?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729143
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Heatley to play top line with Getzlaf and Perry?

I thought that quote was hilarious, I don't think BB thinks much of him but he has to go through the paces of giving him a shot. I can even see Heatley doing well, for awhile before it all falls apart.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Star

I think palmieri or maroon plays there most of the season

Dobber Sports Wizard

Heatley will definitely get a shot on that line - otherwise, what was the point? - but obviously Boudreau is not the biggest fan. It will last a few games, but unless Heatley absolutely goes off it won't stick for too long.

The top line should be Maroon-Getzlaf-Perry....holy crap those guys are all huge and strong, and would be a nightmare for other teams.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    I think palmieri or maroon plays there most of the season
    My money is on Maroon for the spot, probably starting in November when they realize that Heatley sucks

Dobber Sports Master

Heatley's time is done. He's no more than a last pick flier.

A little off topic so apologies.... I'm still pissed about that that whole Pat Maroon fiasco. That kid was showing some great promise, next thing you know they are showing him the door for an undisclosed issue.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post

A little off topic so apologies.... I'm still pissed about that that whole Pat Maroon fiasco. That kid was showing some great promise, next thing you know they are showing him the door for an undisclosed issue.
    Did anyone ever figure out what happened?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post

Yeah he was a promising Philly prospect wasn't he? Was it an issue with the Flyers or with the farm team?

Dobber Sports Master

It was an issue with the farm team I believe. No one has ever said wht exactly happened. From what I read, I think he understands that it was his own fault. Anyways.... sorry for the off topic posts.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Heater starts there at least. It's been a revolving door on that top line for years and no one on the current roster showed to be a perfect fit. During the end of season press conference I remember them saying that bringing in someone to play with Getz and Perry was a priority. Now, whether he can stay there is another story. It's a high risk situation but at the same time I think this off-season has to have been a wake-up call for the guy. He's still only 33 and should have a lot of hockey left in him. Something tells me that now things are affecting his wallet he should be more motivated. I'd take a flier on him but don't go crazy.

Dobber Sports Icon

Heatley is done. He will get a shot on the top line and fail miserably and be a full time healthy scratch or placed on waivers by Christmas.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Banned

Maroon may get top PP duties, but he won't spend much time on the top-line. That experiment failed last year. Failed might be a harsh word, but G/P/M would be the slowest line in the NHL. They were great when they had the puck in the o-zone and could cycle at will, but if the puck was in their own zone, they couldn't ever get it back to the o-zone. Maroon is better suited to the middle six.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Heatley will definitely get a shot on that line - otherwise, what was the point? - but obviously Boudreau is not the biggest fan. It will last a few games, but unless Heatley absolutely goes off it won't stick for too long.

The top line should be Maroon-Getzlaf-Perry....holy crap those guys are all huge and strong, and would be a nightmare for other teams.
    Agree with Fast Tony and Kov17 and whoever else takes this stance. Out of sheer obligation, they will start this way unless Heater does something to lose the job in the pre-season... It's his job to lose, but it won't take long before Palmeri, Maroon or better yet DSP snags that spot. But I fear there won't be any more consistency than there was last season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's his last chance, this year could be the end.......