Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yandle or Trouba?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Yandle or Trouba?

So was offered to me today and I'm wondering what your opinions are about it.

League is in my sig.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Yandle or Trouba?

I'd keep Yandle yo.

Trouba is getting an extra dose of hype here but IMO, he's going to be valued in REAL life more than Fantasy. An offensive threat with Great 2 way defensive ability and appears to still be top 4... may not crack to 2 even with Buff moving to the wing.

Yandle is presently in a different league than Trouba IMO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    So was offered to me today and I'm wondering what your opinions are about it.

League is in my sig.
    Your team is set to compete now and for the next couple of years. With guys like Getzlaf, Hanzal, JVR, Lupul, Backes, Gudas etc. built into your keepers, I'd much rather have the guaranteed 50-60 point Yandle than Trouba. Yandle will be miles ahead of Trouba in points for at least a couple years - if not way longer. My one knock on Yandle in multi-cat leagues is he doesn't hit; but in a full keeper with guys like yours on your roster, that doesn't even matter. Yandle shoots a tonne anyhow, and that won't change.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yandle for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

as much as i like Troubs, and dont understand the Yandle love, i take Yandle....
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ace

Your team looks decent for a 10 team league, how do you see yourself finishing this season?
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    Your team looks decent for a 10 team league, how do you see yourself finishing this season?
    Last season I was 2nd and the season before I was 3rd. So far this summer I've traded Hiller away for Oshie to help make up for Giroux and Backes likely losing RW and being forced into C.

The competition in the top three is stiff. The champ from the past two seasons has Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Perry, Dubinski, Karlsson, Lundy, Rask, and Price to name a few. The other main challenger has Stamkos, Tavares, Thornton, Hall, Patches, MSL, Subban, Hedman, Pietrangelo, Tank, Rinne, and Holtby. The rest of their teams aren't exactly full of slouches either so part of my strategy is hoping for key injuries to their players I'm aiming for 1st though 2nd or 3rd is most likely.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks guys. As it is right now my team is in no real need for a boost to hits/blocks and I'm not too concerned about Yandle's poor +/- last year since it looks like an outlier relative to his career so far.

I am a bit concerned about him sustaining his high shooting since it's his first time over 200 and about his PP production being unsustainably high but that is where he'll be used primarily so that should still be a strength.

The possibility for Trouba to rack up some SHP is intriguing to me though and a 45 point season doesn't seem unreasonable even if he is a 2-way D. Would I trade 10-15 points difference for a chance at 2-3 SHP over the season? I think I would. Plus his more physical style would buffer a "wimpier" player like Nieto or Kucherov if they were scoring enough to make my team.

Overall, Yandle does have a solid track record of point production while Trouba doesn't and could end up anywhere from a Myers to a Pietrangelo though I think the higher side is most likely. I'll ask if he can sweeten the offer and if not I might just stick with the player I know.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

The Great One

This is funny. I like Trouba a lot but he is in nowhere the same league as Yandle yet. It might be inclined to make this type of deal if he were to offer a healthy upgrade somewhere else on your roster. As is though- one for one- its not really close. Sounds like hes fishing for a bargain...

Dobber Sports Veteran

The possibility for Trouba to rack up some SHP is intriguing to me though and a 45 point season doesn't seem unreasonable even if he is a 2-way D. Would I trade 10-15 points difference for a chance at 2-3 SHP over the season? I think I would. Plus his more physical style would buffer a "wimpier" player like Nieto or Kucherov if they were scoring enough to make my team.
    If it's a H2H league (which it looks like), I wouldn't. Those 10-15 points will come in handy during your playoffs. There is absolutely zero guarantee and an incredibly low probability that Trouba would put up a SHP during fantasy playoffs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    This is funny. I like Trouba a lot but he is in nowhere the same league as Yandle yet. It might be inclined to make this type of deal if he were to offer a healthy upgrade somewhere else on your roster. As is though- one for one- its not really close. Sounds like hes fishing for a bargain...
    +1. Listen to the angry emu.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    If it's a H2H league (which it looks like), I wouldn't. Those 10-15 points will come in handy during your playoffs. There is absolutely zero guarantee and an incredibly low probability that Trouba would put up a SHP during fantasy playoffs.
    It's a roto league. Just added that to the sig

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's a roto league.
    Ok, that changes things a bit then since you are guaranteed those theoretical SHP whenever they may come. I'm still firmly on the Yandle side, but I am less confident about exactly to "what degree" as I have little experience with roto.

Dobber Sports Ace

Last season I was 2nd and the season before I was 3rd. So far this summer I've traded Hiller away for Oshie to help make up for Giroux and Backes likely losing RW and being forced into C.

The competition in the top three is stiff. The champ from the past two seasons has Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Perry, Dubinski, Karlsson, Lundy, Rask, and Price to name a few. The other main challenger has Stamkos, Tavares, Thornton, Hall, Patches, MSL, Subban, Hedman, Pietrangelo, Tank, Rinne, and Holtby. The rest of their teams aren't exactly full of slouches either so part of my strategy is hoping for key injuries to their players I'm aiming for 1st though 2nd or 3rd is most likely.
    I'd go Trouba then, go big! Those teams are stacked, you need to start cultivating superstar talent where you can as best you can and Trouba is a great bet to become a 50+ pt defenseman with great secondary stats. And since you count PIMs, Hits and Blks he will be a great option.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

LThe champ from the past two seasons has Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Perry, Dubinski, Karlsson, Lundy, Rask, and Price to name a few.
    WHAT!?!?! How the hell did that happen??