Thread: keeper opinions please!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default keeper opinions please!

In a keep 6 league I am having a hard time choosing my last forward keeper and my 2 goalies. It's a roto league with categories in offense goal, assist, +-, fw, gwg, ppp. Categories for goalies are wins, sv% and gaa. The three forwards I'm trying to choose one from are zetterberg, Kesler or landeskog. And I need to keep 2 goalies from luongo, niemi and varlamov. I'm leaning towards niemi and varly for goalies because I just don't think luongo will be as good in Florida. So what do you guys think. Any opinions appreciated

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: keeper opinions please!

Keep Landeskog on offense. He's the best option in a keep 6 of the three players listed. Zetterberg and Kesler are decent options but getting kind of squeaky with injuries and diminishing skill set. Landeskog is on a loaded offensive team and will fill your stats.

In goal I would keep Luongo and Varly. Niemi scares me as Stalock will slice into his starts. Luongo has no real competition so he'll carry the load and same for Varly.

Quote Originally Posted by atown13 View Post
    In a keep 6 league I am having a hard time choosing my last forward keeper and my 2 goalies. It's a roto league with categories in offense goal, assist, +-, fw, gwg, ppp. Categories for goalies are wins, sv% and gaa. The three forwards I'm trying to choose one from are zetterberg, Kesler or landeskog. And I need to keep 2 goalies from luongo, niemi and varlamov. I'm leaning towards niemi and varly for goalies because I just don't think luongo will be as good in Florida. So what do you guys think. Any opinions appreciated

The Great One

Hmm- Id go Landeskog. Usually hes a beast in multi cat formats but in odd twist none of those cats really play to his strengths- (except maybe +/-) lol! I love Zetts but you have to take Landeskog here- hes consistent, stable and arguably has some more upside than hes shown. That being said Im one of the few around these parts that honestly believe Z has a realistic shot at outscoring him. So yea- Id probably take Zetts cause Im biased and gamble too much- but I feel a lot better recommending Landeskog to someone else- lmao!

For my money Im going Varly and Niemi. I understand the worry over Stalock and his pending UFA status- but Id rather have 50 starts with Pristine SJ backed numbers than 70 of Luongos on a re-building Florida squad. Im actually a Strombone fan but in multi cat leagues hes got the potential to be a category killer during this transition period.

Landeskog/Varly/Niemi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

niemi, varly and ZETTERBERG. can't believe people are choosing landes over him in your format? blows my mind
    11 Team Keeper - Yahoo Pts Only
    G 4 - A 3 - +/- .5 - HIT .2 - SOG .2 - PIM .2 - BLK.2
    W 5 - L -3 - GA -.5 - SV .2 - SO 5

C: Crosby, Seguin, Koivu, Dubinsky
    LW: Neal, Benn, Pacioretty, Dupuis
    RW: Eberle, Franzen, Vrbata, Atkinson
    D: OEL, Goligoski, Wisniewsky, Dillon, Faulk, Kulikov, Souray
    G: Backstrom, Lehtonen, Price, Khubodin
    Util: Grabo, Tlusty, Ruutu
    BN: Killorn, Clutterbuck, Bouchard, Schwartz

Dobber Sports Giant

luongo and varly for me.
    id take landeskog for the forward.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jross View Post
    niemi, varly and ZETTERBERG. can't believe people are choosing landes over him in your format? blows my mind
    I agree with this. Zetts is going into this season fully healthy. He'll have excellent +/- and a boatload of PPP and he'll probably at least match Landeskog in pts if not outright beat him. Plus those FOWs are just gravy.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15