Thread: Nash for Datsyuk

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Nash for Datsyuk

Considering trading Datsyuk straight up for Nash. The deal would have protection built in if either player misses significant time due to injuries.

Salary capped keeper league, G/A/+-/PIMS/PPP/SHP/SOG

I appreciate any thoughts, thanks!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Nash for Datsyuk

how does dealing away a center for a winger affect the rest of your roster? Does that leave a hole at center? Does this improve your wing situation compared to what you already own or is this just an age deal (trading away an older Datsyuk for a younger Nash).

I think if you can post the rest of your roster, that would help determine the quality of this deal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for your reply.

Nash has RW/LW eligibility in Yahoo this year, and I am in need of a RW, with an excess at C and LW. Further, this trade would improve my shortcomings (G, PIM, SOG) while I am strong in A and PPP.

Generally it seems like the right deal for my club, however I am having a hard time paying nearly $8M for a 60 point player with a recent concussion issue. Datsyuk, if healthy can be an 80 point elite player still, and as a Wings fan I am holding this bias and hope! But a healthy Nash in 12/13 showed 80 point potential as well.... That's why I've posted here to find some outsiders opinions.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't trust Nash for more than 65, 70 tops and I think that's a stretch. He WILL get injured and miss some time. You can nearly set your watch to that. datsyuk seems to be trending that way as well, but his upside on a healthy year is higher than Nash's. If your in a cap league...I think you could take a flier on a cheaper RW who's creating a hot hand during the season.

Dobber Sports Ace

I prefer Datsyuk here
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm surprised at the responses. While I don't think Nash is good for more than 65 points, he has LW eligibility and destroys the SOG category more than enough to make me want him in the deal.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I'm surprised at the responses. While I don't think Nash is good for more than 65 points, he has LW eligibility and destroys the SOG category more than enough to make me want him in the deal.
    Agreed....with SOG in play, I like Nash over Datsyuk...but it also depends on the salary cap implications.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).