Thread: Help with trade negotiations

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Help with trade negotiations

Looking for some input here. NOT THE TEAM IN MY SIG 24 team dynasty league. standard categories, h2h. 6f 4d 1g, 5 guys on the bench and 10 in the minors.

I'm in talks to move the following:

Iggy, a 35-40 point dman, + potentially some picks

For two of:

Tatar, Boedker, Schultz.

Here's where I can't get past. One of Tatar/Boedker is in the deal. But to include schultz, he wants my first rounder (i'm a contender, so no chance for mcdavid/eichel). For just Iggy and the Dman, I'd get Tatar and Boedker, but my defense sucks... a lot. But my forwards more than make up for it. I can provide more details if needed.

Is the move from Tatar/Boedker to Tatar/Schultz worth the 1st? What about if it's Boedker isntead of Tatar? Rep for help. Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Help with trade negotiations

I don't understand moving Iggy and a 35-40pt Dman for that package.
    Tatar/Boedker is a massive downgrade from Iggy.
    And Schultz... is maybe a 35-40pt Dman.
    AND you have to give picks.

AND you are saying you are a "contender"?!

No, I'm missing something.
    This trade doesn't make sense to me.
    Hold Iggy and your 35-40pt Dman, IMO.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks. Was close to drinking the "upside" kool-aid.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    And Schultz... is maybe a 35-40pt Dman.

Well it depends which "Schultz".

-If it's Justin then this will be last season he's 35-40 pts in quite a while, he may even exceed 40 this season
    -If it's one of the others then they might get 20 pts, but even 30 would be a stretch

And Iggy isn't getting any younger so it does make some sense, though not much for a contending team.

If you could get Boedker/Schultz for Iggy/35-40 pt dman/pick then it might be worth some consideration but as it stands it seems pretty steep with that 1st rounder thrown in (you wouldn't pick again to 40-something)

14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Giant

I say it depends who that 35-40 pt d-man is...

If he is in his late 30's (i.e. Boyle or Timonen), then I would be inclined to make this deal as I am getting a younger and more productive D with great upside, a younger foward (only consider Boedker here) with the potential to reach 60-65 points for that older D and Iggy. For that first rounder though, I would try to add a second or at minimum a third rounder coming back, so that your 20th-ish pick would be replaced by an early-to-mid 30's one (or early 50's at worst). With the 2015 draft, you may be able to land a great player with a higher pick.

EDIT: I assume if this guy wants Iginla and an older D, he's a contender... that means that my analysis of the picks is incorrect. If that is the case, try to swap your first rounder for your second and ask nothing in return. Once again, this is all based on your 35-40pt D being in his late 30's...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay