Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How's this offer?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default How's this offer?

Received the following offer:

My Toews ( 6.5M ) and Zuccarello (3.5M)

For His JVR (4.5M)

I actually have some cap issues and Toews will be at 13.8M next year and beyond....I think I can redraft a Zuccarello type of player even cheaper....I also think Toews will be difficult to trade as the season goes by....

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: How's this offer?

I think you can do better for Toews and that package. I'd shop him around to the league, you can always circle back to this.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think you can do better for Toews and that package. I'd shop him around to the league, you can always circle back to this.
    yes, JVR seems a little low in return for that package. Could you ride JT this year?...he's a pretty complete player. His cap is not detrimental to you this year. Maybe redraft him next year + his big salary...maybe no one else touches him at that $. In the mean time, I'd pass on that offer and like RTay said, and shop him.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

Pass on this and shop him around to someone willing to make a better deal. If there we no takers, ride him out for the year and see what materializes next year.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Giant

again, id go with toews for the year and try shopping him.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

keep toews for this year and work on a better offer for next year - no way I take this deal.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Points Only League. 10F, 4D, 1G active.
    Keep 15 end of year - any position & re-draft 5 + 3 IR.
    Scoring Cats - Goals (1), Assists (1)

Goalie Cats - Win (2), SO (3)

F - Crosby, Giroux, Iginla, Ovechkin, Parise, Nugent-Hopkins, Seguin, Johansen, Nash, Yakupov, Semin

D - Barrie, Letang, Shultz

G - Fleury

Dobber Sports Ace

Agree with the other posters. There must be a better return for the best player in this offer.

Dobber Sports Ace

How many of you play in cap leagues? It's pts-only too. When his cap goes up to 13.8 million he becomes worthless! Why pay that much for 65-70 pts?

Break it down and you'll see what I mean (assume 70 pts):

Toews: $197,142 per pt
    Okposo: $40,000 per pt
    Jagr: $50,000 per pt
    Kunitz: $55,000 per pt

The only choices for him are to keep him this year if he has a chance at the title and then drop him, or if not yet competitive to flip him to a contender for a decent return. You'll never get market value for him though because he's just a 1yr rental, you gotta take what you can get and JVR+Zuc is a decent offer
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with Sunshine Bear here (sorry, just easier to write...lol). As the season progresses he is going to be harder and harder to move. You would have Kane at 13.8, Toews at 13.8, Kessel at 10 all eating up over half your cap in 3 players next year. That is pretty good value in JVR for the next few years. It will be hard to convince other GMs to take him later and it looks like you have cap issues NOW that need to be resolved.

For points only I think Toews is the guy you have to move.
    Points only pool - H2H - Dress 11/week - 2 at every forward position(RW, LW, C), 4 D, 1G
    Goalie Points = 2/win, 1/overtime loss, 3 more/shutout (They typically make up most of the top 10 point getters every year in our league)

24 teams but 2 of every player (2 Crosbys, 2 Rasks, etc.) so treat it like a 12 team.

PROTECT 11 (max. roster size is 25)

LW - Benn, Pacioretty, Henrique, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen
    C - Tavares, Backstrom, Johansen
    RW - Giroux, Wheeler, Donskoi, Pomminville, Silvferberg
    D - Josi, Karlsson, Burns, Seabrook, Reilly, Gardiner,
    G - Jones, Rinne, Miller

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    How many of you play in cap leagues? It's pts-only too. When his cap goes up to 13.8 million he becomes worthless! Why pay that much for 65-70 pts?

Break it down and you'll see what I mean (assume 70 pts):

Toews: $197,142 per pt
    Okposo: $40,000 per pt
    Jagr: $50,000 per pt
    Kunitz: $55,000 per pt

The only choices for him are to keep him this year if he has a chance at the title and then drop him, or if not yet competitive to flip him to a contender for a decent return. You'll never get market value for him though because he's just a 1yr rental, you gotta take what you can get and JVR+Zuc is a decent offer
    I agree Toews is useless at this cap hit, I just think he could get more than this.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree Toews is useless at this cap hit, I just think he could get more than this.
    Maybe. Your advice to shop around is never a bad idea, especially if he targets GMs vying for the title.
    It's always tough getting a decent return when it's just for the one season though.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Genius

I already shoped him and no GM wants to take the chance on him since he will cost 13.8M next year.....but I agree with you with the idea to shop him during the season to a contender but I'm not sure I could get more than JVR as season goes by....so I get two options since the other GMs are afraid of his next years salary:

1) keep him for now and trade him ( but I doubt I would get better) or lose him for nothing at the end of the year since my plan is to keep Kaner (13.8M) and Kessel (10M) next year.

2) Take JVR now and draft a cheaper player to replace Zuccarello

I know JVR is no Toews but in points only, are they far from each other?

JVR's salary breakdown is 4.5M, 4.75M, 5M and 5M for the next 4 years....to compare, Brassard just inked the following contract for the next 5 years: 7M, 6M, 5M, 3.5M and 3.5M....isn't JVR a bargain at his price knowing the recent deals in the league?

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Totally agree with this.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    Maybe. Your advice to shop around is never a bad idea, especially if he targets GMs vying for the title.
    It's always tough getting a decent return when it's just for the one season though.
    True, but how can a contenter GM who needs all his points to win could give me a decent return for Toews other than an underperforming guy and/or draft picks?

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    I already shoped him and no GM wants to take the chance on him since he will cost 13.8M next year.....but I agree with you with the idea to shop him during the season to a contender but I'm not sure I could get more than JVR as season goes by....so I get two options since the other GMs are afraid of his next years salary:

1) keep him for now and trade him ( but I doubt I would get better) or lose him for nothing at the end of the year since my plan is to keep Kaner (13.8M) and Kessel (10M) next year.

2) Take JVR now and draft a cheaper player to replace Zuccarello

I know JVR is no Toews but in points only, are they far from each other?

JVR's salary breakdown is 4.5M, 4.75M, 5M and 5M for the next 4 years....to compare, Brassard just inked the following contract for the next 5 years: 7M, 6M, 5M, 3.5M and 3.5M....isn't JVR a bargain at his price knowing the recent deals in the league?
    My issue isn't so much Toews for JVR. I just feel like Zuc shouldn't have to be included in the deal. The other GM gets the better (and healthier) player, you get the smaller contract. I can see its merits on a 1-for-1. I just see no reason why Zuc is in this. Adding him in, you should get a better return than this, IMO.