Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Foo Fighters - Radio friendly conveyor belt rock or kickass?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: The Foo Fighters - Radio friendly conveyor belt rock or kickass?

Two things.

1. Listen to this:

It's the exact same song. Creative!

2. The only good song Nickelback has ever done is this one:

As it happens, it was featured in the best NHL game by EA (NHL 10).
    GO WINGS!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post

1. Listen to this:

Hilarious! Going straight to Facebook to share...

Dobber Sports Star

I don't like Nickelback any more than most, but give me them over the Foo Fighters any day.

Dutch you didn't like Our Lady Peace? Seemed odd to group them with those others...

Dobber Sports Deity

I've never liked OLP. Now Billy Talent is a quality Canadian Rock band. Same for The Trews.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Two things.

1. Listen to this:

Goes back to what I said on the first page of this thread. Every song from them sounds the same. THIS is why I can't stand Nickleback. Good find!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I don't like Nickelback any more than most, but give me them over the Foo Fighters any day.

Dutch you didn't like Our Lady Peace? Seemed odd to group them with those others...
    no definitely don't... I don't know what it is, but I find Canadian music for the most part not that great. But for some reasons the Canadian radio stations always seem to play it a ton. Not sure why, I have no explanation for it. Obviously there are exceptions

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think Peng said it pretty well earlier in this thread. Compared to rock music as a whole, ya the Foo Fighters are pretty radio-friendly, pop-rock. But compared to the last 10 years, they might as well be Slayer. At least in the mainstream.....rock just isn't very "popular" at this time. But you know, any band that does this is pretty awesome to me:

20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    LMAO you guys are predictable, as are everyone else in the world. Interview 1 billion people and all 1 billion people will say that "How You Remind Me" was a song they never liked and they never liked Nickleback. Meanwhile the song was No.1 in the world for this unprecedented length of time. Too funny. Hey, that's the great thing about memories and how the human brain works. We can change them to make them seem cooler. Keep pretending guys! You always hated Nickleback! Gotcha! I believe you, I really do.
    Dobber, just because a song is number one doesn't make it good. Nickelback is to music as Budweiser is to beer. Is it offensively bad? No. Is it really excellent? No. It's just simple and easy enough for the general public to consume without having to think about it too much. I'll tell you, the first Nickelback song I ever heard was "Leader of Men" and I loved it. I still think it's a great song. After that though, it was all downhill. They still put out some OK stuff from time to time, but it's all rock-by-numbers garbage that real music fans don't care for, no matter what their genre of preference, much like real beer connoisseurs don't care for Bud, but hey, beer is beer I guess, right?

As for the Foo Fighters, they're somewhere in between. I respect the hell out of Dave Grohl because he's a true musician. He doesn't always make great music, but it's the music he wants to make. The Foos are probably better than about 70% of the music I hear on the radio, but I only listen to the radio a couple times a week, so take that for what it's worth.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Master

Think of how stupid the average person is. Then consider that half the people out there are even dumber than that. This explains why Nickelback was big.

Dobber Sports Star

Dave Grohl; an amazingly talented man who wallows in mediocrity...

Rylant