Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Foo Fighters - Radio friendly conveyor belt rock or kickass?

Banned

Default Re: The Foo Fighters - Radio friendly conveyor belt rock or kickass?

I have never liked Nickelback, so definitely not pretending

My guilty pleasure is Britney Spears #hallpass #iwish

Dobber Sports Genius

Like NB, the foos are just too overplayed in these parts. I agree with dobber. I was 19 yrs old when I first heard NB and I liked them a lot. Bought a few cds. Overplayed on radio in the Ottawa area and grew tired very quickly. It's easy to rip on NB, like piling on a kid when he's down. Anyways, some fun fluff from google.

Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    LMAO you guys are predictable, as are everyone else in the world. Interview 1 billion people and all 1 billion people will say that "How You Remind Me" was a song they never liked and they never liked Nickleback. Meanwhile the song was No.1 in the world for this unprecedented length of time. Too funny. Hey, that's the great thing about memories and how the human brain works. We can change them to make them seem cooler. Keep pretending guys! You always hated Nickleback! Gotcha! I believe you, I really do.
    Yea I hate Nickelback now- but I thought that song was badass when it came out- and by association I thought they'd stay in that vain. Even stuff like Leader of Men is pretty catchy. They went downhill fast after that..

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Had to share this one:

Dobber Sports Genius

Why did he bring a guitar into the change room?? lol His face looks photo shopped.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Nickelback has got to be the worst "rock"band of all time

Foo Fighters, although not great, are above bands such as

Hedley, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Our Lady Peace, Default, and other shit bands like that.

But for myself I put them behind bands as

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Linkin Park, 3 doors down and hell I even like Train better just to name a few, and I realize some are more "rock" as others
    Not to be a trollololol but...

How in Gods name is Linkin Park in there?? If there were an alt/metal version of Nickelback it IS Linkin Park. They are the absolute worst. They have said in multiple interviews that when they write a song their goal is to strip their personality out of it so that it can "reach" (cough, cough- be marketted- cough) to more people. Lyrically they strip it of everything that could be associated with any specific event. I dare you to google their song lyrics- it is so painful to read. Its like a 14 year old crying about nothing in particular. "Crawling in my skin, These wounds they will not heal, Fear is how I fall, Confusing what is real" or maybe that other big hit they had howd that go? Oh yea "I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real". How many times can you rhyme heal with real and ejaculate out a multi platinum single? The guitarist sais he thinks leads are "overrated" and that his role is just to "convey a backdrop" for the vocals and samples- which is a long winded way of saying- "I play sustained power chords in 4/4 for a living". They added an MC and a DJ just because Limp Bizkit and Nu-metal were blowing up before them.

They are the antithesis of new,creative, original, or impactful. They are literally by their own definition "conveyor belt rock"- and unashamedly so. If you like them thats fine- I dont rage against there being a market for that stuff anymore- by all means scream along, but how on earth are they better than a Nickelback? Or a theory of a deadman? Or an OLP (who were awesome back in the day)?

Linkin Park is headlining a concert im going to with a friend in Winnipeg on Wednesday. She's a huge AFI fan and I really like 30 seconds to mars. We bought the tickets JUST for the opening acts and have agreed to leave before LP starts- lol! Yes they are that bad :P

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Had to share this one:
    thats gotta be photoshopped..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber Sports Demi-God

What?!?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

How in Gods name is Linkin Park in there?? If there were an alt/metal version of Nickelback it IS Linkin Park. They are the absolute worst. They have said in multiple interviews that when they write a song their goal is to strip their personality out of it so that it can "reach" (cough, cough- be marketted- cough) to more people. Lyrically they strip it of everything that could be associated with any specific event. I dare you to google their song lyrics- it is so painful to read. Its like a 14 year old crying about nothing in particular. "Crawling in my skin, These wounds they will not heal, Fear is how I fall, Confusing what is real" or maybe that other big hit they had howd that go? Oh yea "I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real". How many times can you rhyme heal with real and ejaculate out a multi platinum single? The guitarist sais he thinks leads are "overrated" and that his role is just to "convey a backdrop" for the vocals and samples- which is a long winded way of saying- "I play sustained power chords in 4/4 for a living". They added an MC and a DJ just because Limp Bizkit and Nu-metal were blowing up before them.

They are the antithesis of new,creative, original, or impactful. They are literally by their own definition "conveyor belt rock"- and unashamedly so. If you like them thats fine- I dont rage against there being a market for that stuff anymore- by all means scream along, but how on earth are they better than a Nickelback? Or a theory of a deadman? Or an OLP (who were awesome back in the day)?

Linkin Park is headlining a concert im going to with a friend in Winnipeg on Wednesday. She's a huge AFI fan and I really like 30 seconds to mars. We bought the tickets JUST for the opening acts and have agreed to leave before LP starts- lol! Yes they are that bad :P
    hahaha lol, Well clearly you are much more analytical than me.

I only listen to their music. I like their music. I don't care about the lyrics or any of that jazz. If I like the tune, that's good enough for me.

That's why I put them in there. Definitely didn't dissect their stuff haha

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    hahaha lol, Well clearly you are much more analytical than me.

I only listen to their music. I like their music. I don't care about the lyrics or any of that jazz. If I like the tune, that's good enough for me.

That's why I put them in there. Definitely didn't dissect their stuff haha
    Lol-just buggin anyways...

Dobber Sports Giant

Dave Grohl is a stain.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

LOL, nice break down of LP. I've wondered at times why they seemed fairly 'blah' and that explains it. They pretty much are one of the Nickelbacks of hard rock, and Nickelback has always been bad. period. From the moment a buddy in Vancouver insisted I needed to hear this great song 'Leader of Men" by a killer local band in '99 I just couldn't understand what the fuss was about. Then they blew up and infected almost everyone like a soulless radio-zombie.

Foo Fighters though, yes they do make a decent amount of radio friendly music but that shouldn't disqualify them from being an actually kick-ass rock band. There isn't much from their catalogue that doesn't hold up today and their last album rocked harder than anything they've done in quite some time.

Foo Fighters could actually play a metal festival without this happening

10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ace

That Nickleback video always makes me laugh
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Wizard

Somewhere Fred Durst just said thank god for Nickelback maybe now they've all forgotten about Limp Bizkit. No Fred, we haven't. Now if you would kindly take two steps to your right we'll have tone. Fire when ready!!!