Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade advice please (REP)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Trade advice please (REP)

Getting a lot of interest in Couture suddenly, and I am not against moving him for a nice return.

First team in sig, won 3 of last 4 league titles. It's a monster. My league basically hates me.

Two scenarios have developed.

One deal is my Couture for his Stepan and Jeff Carter.

Another is my Couture for Stastny and Lucic.

It's a Keep 18 format so I would have to trade or drop someone like Toffoli or Schiefele. Which is a negative, unless I could move one or both of those guys in a 2 for 1 that nets me an upgrade and gets me back to 18 keepers.

Which trade scenario looks like the best one? Or should I keep Couture?

Thanks and REP for your thoughtful comments.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Trade advice please (REP)

I don't really like either to be honest. I think both guys you would drop, especially Scheifele will be very productive and are poised for big campaigns. Scheifele could be just as productive as the two centers in the deals (Stastny and Stepan) in two years. Lucic is intriguing for sure and the second deal is noticeably better than the first in my opinion but I still think you should keep Couture.

Couture+(Scheifele/Tofolli) still beats Stastny+Lucic.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Your team is sick. While I think in other circumstances both trades would have their merits, I don't like either trade for you. Couture has the highest upside in the deal and SJ has been wisely paving the way for him to take over the team. Starting this season and going forward, I think he's a safe 30-40 G, 70+ pt player and could easily go north of there as he takes over more and more for Thornton/Marleau.

The first deal gives you solid scoring depth... which you have absolutely need for. I think Carter has become very underrated and Stepan is a nice young C to have, but given your team has what it takes to win now and Couture is the better player, I'd rather hold on to that potential rather than weakening my team down the road for unneeded depth.

The second deal would be nice if you didn't already have Ovi, Kane, Benn, Gudas, and Wheeler providing elite multi-cat production for your roster (seriously, all you need are Backes and Lucic to complete your collection). Stick with what you have and keep on laughing at the rest of your league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't like either trade either. I am less high on Toffoli then Scheifele but ultimately you are giving up the best player and will to drop a player that is comparable to the lesser of the 2 players you are getting in return.

Only way I would trade Couture is to package him with Holtby and get a more reliable (and better) 2nd goalie. If you can get a Bob or Bernier for that package you upgrade the weakest link on your team and make it a strength.
    REIGNING CHAMPION
    15 Team Limited Keeper League (18 years)
    32 Roster Spots, Protect 17,<41 games played;auto-protected
    12 Forwards, 6 Defensemen, 2 Goalies
    MY TEAM (4 years)
    Forwards: Backstrom,Ovechkin,Kuznetsov,Forsberg,Tavares, Barkov,Huberdeau,Stamkos,Hall,J.Hockey,Dadonov,Carter,Perry,Kesler,Maroon
    Defense: Karlsson,Hedman,OEL,Klingberg,Krug,Byfuglien,Keith,Seabrook
    Goalies: Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky
    Prospects: Bokk,Hayton,Dobson,Blackwood,Comrie,Hogberg
    Scoring: G: 2 A: 1 +/-: 0.5 PIM: 0.2 W: 4 L: -1 SO:5 OTL: 1

Dobber Sports Stud

Doug I would keep couture for sure....if I were to move him I would try for a Stepan and a nice RW. I think Stepans value is cheap right now and he could be treated as the "icing" with a more solid RW thrown in that way you are looking at upgrading on a Toffoli....
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Deity

How many do you start at each position and is it daily starts or weekly? Does Couture even play for you?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

If it ain't broke then why try to fix it?
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't care for either of these deals and would hold Couture. I just don't see enough of an upgrade with either to justify moving him, let alone having to drop either a Scheifele or Toffoli who are just starting to see regular ice time.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like deal two...

Logan Couture was on pace for 67 points last year so call him a 70 point player, Good Plus Minus, Good Power Play Points, Good SOG Only 25 years old should peak around 70 points and do so for years to come

Milan Lucic 59 Points missed two games so call him a 60 point player, Great plus minus, Great PIM's, and if your league counts hits awesome hits as well. 26 years old, should see at least 3 more years of him in power forward beast mode.

Paul Stastney- On pace for 69 points call him a 70 point player on Colardo and a 60 point player on St.Louis He's not a real stat filler but good on the offensive stats and will get plenty of looks on the Blues. 28 years old, again should have at least three more solid years

In the end you get a multi Cat Stud, and a steady 60 point producer for one 70 point guy. I think the age is irrelivant because I think all three have at least three good years left at there current production rates.
    As for the your prospects you only need to drop one in which I would go with Scheifele from looking at your centers. This guy won't sniff your top three in the next three years unless you hold on to him for trading purposes. Besides you get Stastney back which will be a soild 60 point option if any one gets injured. Too many times people put huge emphasize on prospects which I feel is relevant if your rebuilding but in your case your in full fledge win mod. I would make the trade as with your team you will be hard to beat in the next three years.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What are your cats? If PIMs and hits are counted the Lucic deal looks different than without these cats.

But then again I like the First proposal better anyway. Stastny isn't a clear-cut No1 C because of Backes (who might play RW to Stastny as well - so I'm just assuming things here) while Stepan is pretty set as the Rangers No1 C. Because of this Stepan is close to Couture's tier now IMO. I'd consider this deal but wouldn't run with it immediately, I'd be hesitant because of this:

It's a question wether you'd want to be even stronger right now (because Carter will offer you more value in the short term than Scheifele or Toffoli). But looking at your roster I say you simply don't need any short term fixes and reinforcements for now, so I'd rather keep the "age-pyramid" of your roster diverse and keep these up and coming young guns.

Long story short: I'd stay put.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Agree with Wotan above. Some good points made.

I like Stepan in deal one and he could be even with Couture. I question Carter and whether that chemistry he had in the playoffs will continue. With that said you have toffoli and so you would benefit regardless if it does.

I like Lucic for your multicat but Stastny injuries would scare me if you have to dress him. He was good as a young player and dropped of the planet for a while until Roy lit a fire last year. If not sure I trust his consistency at this point.

I stick with Couture because you would have to drop a nice young talent that could be trade fodder as the season progresses.
    Points only pool - H2H - Dress 11/week - 2 at every forward position(RW, LW, C), 4 D, 1G
    Goalie Points = 2/win, 1/overtime loss, 3 more/shutout (They typically make up most of the top 10 point getters every year in our league)

24 teams but 2 of every player (2 Crosbys, 2 Rasks, etc.) so treat it like a 12 team.

PROTECT 11 (max. roster size is 25)

LW - Benn, Pacioretty, Henrique, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen
    C - Tavares, Backstrom, Johansen
    RW - Giroux, Wheeler, Donskoi, Pomminville, Silvferberg
    D - Josi, Karlsson, Burns, Seabrook, Reilly, Gardiner,
    G - Jones, Rinne, Miller

Dobber Sports Genius

I guess I look at it does he need Scheifele? His team is plenty young and his centers are stacked. If there is a chance he can make his team team even margionally better why not go for it. Its built to dominate the next 3 years at least.

In deal two could you send back Scheifele for an upgrade of Stastney?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Stud

The second deal is better for you than the first, but honestly I would hold with Couture. Unless you can flip another 2 for 1 deal, I would rather have Couture and (Scheifele/Toffoli).
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    If it ain't broke then why try to fix it?
    If you are winning, (and looks like you can maintain this for some time) then i probably wouldn't mess up a good thing. +1 to this one
    12 Team Keeper (keep 14)
    G,A,+/-,PIMS, GWG, W,SA, SO

C - Seguin, Monahan, RNH
    RW - Mackinnon, Duchene, Hornqvist
    LW -Hoffman, Marleau, Panik,
    D - Fowler, Hedman, Ristolainen, Barrie, Klefbom, Goligoski
    Util - Coyle, Tatar, Little, Ladd,
    Goalie - Rask, Varly
    , Grubauer, Forsberg, Bobby Lou

2013/2014 League Champion

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I guess I look at it does he need Scheifele? His team is plenty young and his centers are stacked. If there is a chance he can make his team team even margionally better why not go for it. Its built to dominate the next 3 years at least.

In deal two could you send back Scheifele for an upgrade of Stastney?
    +1 for this.

I like deal 2 also. With all those multi-cat stud, you'd be unstoppable. I'm guessing you only start 3C,3LW,3RW. In this case, Couture is more than expendable. I'd consider the idea of packaging Scheifele with Couture to get an upgrade on Stastny. Or perhaps get a pick thrown-in. I would do deal 2.
    twitter: @hugotwigg