Thread: jussi jokinen + clarke macarthur for 17th overall pick + 30th overall pick

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default jussi jokinen + clarke macarthur for 17th overall pick + 30th overall pick

The draft is a prospect draft for the 2014 entry class, i already have the 1st overall, 6th overall, and 20th overall pick in this draft plus 2 1sts and 2 seconds in next years draft?

League is 14 team free agent bidding league where you bid on players and can give them contracts of up to 3 years, macarthur is 3.0 and jokinen is 2.5. I have 100 to spend. My current teams top players are subban, quick, zetterberg, sharp, o'reilly, reilly, and tatar.

League cats are:

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA), Shorthanded Goals (SHG), Shorthanded Assists (SHA), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Games Started (GS), Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
    Multi-Cat League G,A,P, PIMS,HITS,BLKS, SOG, PPP, GAA, Sv%, Wins
    15 Team Dynasty Salary cap league using AAV
    Active: 12 FWDS 6 Defence 2 Goalies
    Bench: 5
    Farm: 10

F: Larkin, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Tavares, Laine, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Dach, Comtois, Glass, Zadina, Villardi, Mittlestadt, Virtanen, Saad
    D: Chychrun, Sergachev, Dumba, Ty Smith, OEL, Dermott, Brodie
    G:Rittich, Quick, Cal Petersen, Desmith

Farm: Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Podkolzin, Gunler, Drysdale, Byram, Askarov, Ukko-pekka Lukkonen, Dustin Wolf

2021 rookie Draft:: 4 1st rd picks

2022 draft: 6 1st rd picks

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: jussi jokinen + clarke macarthur for 17th overall pick + 30th overall pick

As a lover of deep leagues i know stockpiling draftpicks for etablished players is often a good idea. With your team that young i see your urge to ship Jussi and Mac out.
    I personally think its a tad away from an offer i´d take. Especially the 30th overall is not a great pick unless goalies are super prime. ( How many starters)
    In general you should trade them away with your team being young.

But i might want to ship Zetterberg and Mac out together for something better and hang onto Jussi and see how he plays with Barkov and if his value rises again. After joining the Panthers he lost a boatload of value and most certainly it will go up again.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: jussi jokinen + clarke macarthur for 17th overall pick + 30th overall pick

i would be getting jokinen + macarthur.

F: Larkin, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Tavares, Laine, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Dach, Comtois, Glass, Zadina, Villardi, Mittlestadt, Virtanen, Saad

Farm: Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Podkolzin, Gunler, Drysdale, Byram, Askarov, Ukko-pekka Lukkonen, Dustin Wolf

Dobber Sports Expert

Oh sorry misread it then. Then you are getting two vets for a young team that do not fit your window at all. The price is good its just the wrong type of trade unless you can ship them elsewhere for younger pieces that fit your plan better.

Dobber Sports Master

I don't like what you are getting given you have what looks like a young rebuilding team. Unless you already have buyers for the two incoming vets which will net you youth and super star potential, then I wouldn't do this deal.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

my thinking was this draft isnt deep and macarthur will land me more then the picks will, i am also debating between rebuilding and competing but think i should compete with the top end talent i have.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by distantyeti58 View Post
    my thinking was this draft isnt deep and macarthur will land me more then the picks will, i am also debating between rebuilding and competing but think i should compete with the top end talent i have.
    At first glance what you listed as your top end talent is very far away from a title team so i would doublethink that one. If you can flip Mac and Jussi for more i´d do that trade.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by distantyeti58 View Post
    i would be getting jokinen + macarthur.
    The team in your sig has Macarthur, did you already make the trade?
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Apprentice

not the team in sig, i thought i added this leagues stats to my sig but i did not, my team in sig is a different league.