Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2014/15

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2014/15

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

I'm super excited for this league.
    I also thought I was in serious trouble with wasting starts with drafting 4C only guys in my first 4 rounds.
    Through November 14th, I found out (thanks to Same Night Tool) that they have just ONE conflict where all 4 play.
    Woo-hoo.
    In fact, Boston (Bergeron) is the best case compliment to the other three teams (TB, WAS, LA).

The fantasy hockey gods are showing me some love to start the year.
    (Unlike last year where they went an injured my 9th & 10th round picks, Gagner & Vokoun, on back-to-back days after the draft!)
    You may have been a little premature in your praising of the fantasy hockey gods dude. Drouin not going to start the season due to injury.

Oh and whose out for a month with broken hand now... Boone Jenner!

In all seriousness though, that's some rough luck. I'm going to start treating the players you draft in the RHRS the same way that I treat goalies drafted by bondon

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well I decided to do my projections for the year based on the present rosters, using Dobber's most current projections in FHG - they dont look much like Teemu's. For what it's worth, here they are:

Duchene - 99.5
    Quiller- 99
    Briere -97.5
    Screaming - 94.5
    Fransonstein - 86
    Chronicles - 85
    Ogie - 84
    Backula - 84
    Recchi - 83
    Ichi -80
    Helm Street - 65.5
    Corvo - 56

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If these are relatively accurate - the good news is that now Comish can just fall to the middle of the pack instead of wasting a lot of energy clawing his way up there.

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow, mine has to be skewed by the fact that I'm short a d-man right now. On the bright side, I should be able to easily beat that projection

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Actually Gabe, I have you very soft in Saves, SOG, PIM, and Hits - you would improve most in SOG with that extra Dman by as much as 5 or 6 points.

Let's face it - this is just so much spitballing - like Dobber is going to be 100% accurate, no one is going to get injured, there will be no one on the waiver wire get hot and get picked. Yeah right.

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah, I realize that projections are just guesses. I can see why I'm low on PIMs and Hits for sure, definitely lacking there. I thought my SOG would be top half of the league though. (Admittedly I don't use FHG).

As far as saves go, I expect to middle of the pack or even a little higher as most won't get in their max goalie games played.

Regardless, the speculation is fun and I'm usually pretty active in swapping out players so my team will no doubt look completely different come April

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah since I counted all you Fleury and Neimi projected starts - your Saves are projected to be low because they aren't projected to face a lot of shots per game

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    You may have been a little premature in your praising of the fantasy hockey gods dude. Drouin not going to start the season due to injury.

Oh and whose out for a month with broken hand now... Boone Jenner!

In all seriousness though, that's some rough luck. I'm going to start treating the players you draft in the RHRS the same way that I treat goalies drafted by bondon

Oh poop.
    Well... serves me right for pumping my own tires.
    Pump them up to much... tires go boom.

Can I get an IR+? (said as if I am in a black church)
    I said... can I get an IR+?
    [crickets]

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Well I decided to do my projections for the year based on the present rosters, using Dobber's most current projections in FHG - they dont look much like Teemu's. For what it's worth, here they are:

Duchene - 99.5
    Quiller- 99
    Briere -97.5
    Screaming - 94.5
    Fransonstein - 86
    Chronicles - 85
    Ogie - 84
    Backula - 84
    Recchi - 83
    Ichi -80
    Helm Street - 65.5
    Corvo - 56
    Thanks for posting this Rick. I should have placed high when analyzing this because I used FHG to produce my draft list. It messed me up though because I was taking guys too early and I knew it. Just threw me off a little. Yes, I was able to get players who will produce nice numbers for our league settings, but we'll see how it plays out. Not taking a C until the 13 round was interesting, although I've done this before and been fine - normally the easiest position to pluck FA's from the wire.

I trashed the FHG list for my next 5 drafts and did much better I think. Without context, using FHG rankings will cause you to make some interesting picks. Wait until you guys see how I did in the Dobber Experts draft last night. I feel like I aced an exam. More to follow on that in the coming days.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well when you don't win, Russ, you can blame it on FHG.

Interestingly, because wingers who take faceoffs are highly valued, it actually increases the value of centers who are also good at winning faceoffs - because you want to play those wingers as wingers and not centers. I took the same approach except for grabbing Thornton in the 7th rouind and found myself scrambling to find decent centers near the end of the draft. My error in the draft occurred in round 16, I could have done much better over the last 5 rounds of the draft. Oh well, I have a decent squad to work with and now it's time to crank up the management skills.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks for posting the list shoeless!
    Always an enjoyable kick-off to the year!!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks for posting the list shoeless!
    Always an enjoyable kick-off to the year!!!
    Thanks, Mike. It's always fun to do, just for shits and giggles. I think it does demonstrate how tight the league is likely to be though. The numbers indicate that everyone has at least two or three category holes - in fact I have 4 cats that are quite soft.

I think this is going to be the most competitive year we have had - love it. I also think we may see more trades than ever before as guys jockey for position in various cats. Might be wrong but it's already on my mind how I can give up players in cats of strength to pump up my weaknesses. Gotta give to get, as much as that sucks.

Couple of observations in the numbers: Pete has the most balanced cats team, Russ definitely has the most tops and bottoms, and Gabe should not draft with his new girlfriend sitting beside him.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah, I love category micro-managing.
    My favourite part about ROTO.

By chance, do you have an offense vs. goaltending standings breakdown?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah, I love category micro-managing.
    My favourite part about ROTO.

By chance, do you have an offense vs. goaltending standings breakdown?
    For you - Goalies: 23.5 Skaters: 60.5

Remember that time I predicted a breakout game from Schwartz and put him in the lineup?

Yeah, me neither......
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray