5 BranStamkers Backula (Pengwin7) 86
    6 House of 1000 Corvos (4T2) 82
    7 Natural Born Quiller (The Comish) 81.5
    8 Fransonstein (dooley89) 80.5
    9 Ichi the Hiller (horrorfan) 71
    10 Another shot of Jagr (Axeman33) 70.5
    10 Ogie Ogre-thorpe (Chili Con Carne) 70.5
    12 The Kane Chronicles (smack) 63

For the first time in around 3 months, we have a new leader! It should be an exciting battle for the title as they are clearly the two strongest this season.

Standings are tight in the middle and at the bottom, with a lot of movement in recent weeks and expect more movement in the coming weeks.

Here's looking forward to a great final third of the season!

The Wolverine

Default Re: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2014/15

A little overdue but time for another update. A lot of changes in the last month and it's getting really interesting at the top.

March 16 Standings Update:

1 Duchenesaw Massacre 105 (Shoeless)
    2 Recchident Evil 102 (temek)
    3 BranStamkers Backula 100 (Pengwin7)
    4 Briere Witch Project 93.5 (LordoftheRinks)
    4 Nightmare on Helm St 93.5 (Nehithaw)
    6 Fransonstein 87 (dooley89)
    7 Ichi the Hiller 82 (horrorfan)
    8 Natural Born Quiller 77.5 (The Comish)
    9 House of 1000 Corvos 74.5 (4T2)
    10 Another shot of Jagr 72 (Axeman33)
    11 Ogie Ogre-thorpe 66.5 (Chili Con Carne)
    12 The Kane Chronicles 60.5 (smack)

The Wolverine

March 25 Standings Update:

1 Duchenesaw Massacre (Shoeless) 102
    2 Recchident Evil (temek) 101.5
    3 BranStamkers Backula (Pengwin7) 99.5

4 Fransonstein (dooley89) 93.5
    5 Nightmare on Helm St (Nehithaw) 93
    6 Briere Witch Project (LordoftheRinks) 92

7 Ichi the Hiller (horrorfan) 82.5
    8 Natural Born Quiller (The Comish) 77.5
    9 Another shot of Jagr (Axeman33) 73.5
    10 House of 1000 Corvos (4T2) 71.5
    11 Ogie Ogre-Thorpe (Chili Con Carne) 67
    12 The Kane Chronicles (smack) 60.5

With 2 1/2 weeks to go, it looks like we have three distinct groups, unless there is a sudden surge/slump that bumps someone up/down. The race for the title is hot and should come down to the wire. Duchenesaw Massacre and Recchident Evil have been the pacesetters for most of the season but lately BranStamkers Backula has put together a strong performance to join them. As the end game approaches, it will be interesting to see their strategies at work to see who will come out on top. Last season the top two were the same so will see if there will be a changing of the guard or our first repeat (and multiple) champion.

The next group is quite tight and I'm sure they all hope they can pull off a late season run to climb into contention, but it may be too late. However, they have been in a battle for several weeks and looks to continue right to the very end. Even if they cannot join the title contenders, they have performed well to ensure a top half position in the standings.

The bottom half are likely remaining in this group but there is still a fight to get the best possible finish. I'm hoping I can finish the season strong and maintain my position at least, which would be a small success given I'd had been nearer the bottom of the standings for a period earlier on. Nothing is guaranteed and I expect positions to change until the final day.

Good luck all!

The Wolverine

April 5th Standings Update:

Still tight at the top - looks like it's going down to the wire!

1 Recchident Evil (temek) 106.5
    2 BranStamkers Backula (Pengwin7) 106
    3 Duchenesaw Massacre (Shoeless) 102.5

4 Fransonstein (dooley89) 96.5
    5 Briere Witch Project (LordoftheRinks) 94
    6 Nightmare on Helm St (Nehithaw) 90
    7 Natural Born Quiller (The Comish) 81
    8 Ichi the Hiller (horrorfan) 80
    9 House of 1000 Corvos (4T2) 71
    10 Another shot of Jagr (Axeman33) 67.5
    11 Ogie Ogre-thorpe (Chili Con Carne) 63
    12 The Kane Chronicles (smack) 56

The Wolverine

Final Standings

In an exciting finish, Recchident Evil (temek) wins his first RHRS title! Congrats, it is well deserved!

1 Recchident Evil (temek) 106.5

2 BranStamkers Backula (Pengwin7) 103.5

3 Duchenesaw Massacre (Shoeless) 99.5
    3 Fransonstein (dooley89) 99.5

5 Briere Witch Project (LordoftheRinks) 96.5
    6 Nightmare on Helm St (Nehithaw) 91.5
    7 Ichi the Hiller (horrorfan) 85.5
    8 House of 1000 Corvos (4T2) 74.5
    8 Natural Born Quiller (The Comish) 74.5
    10 Another shot of Jagr (Axeman33) 68
    11 Ogie Ogre-thorpe (Chili Con Carne) 60.5
    12 The Kane Chronicles (smack) 54

Unlike the top two dominance last season, there were a few contenders and other quality performances that kept many of the categories close, which ensured a lot of movement even through to the final days of the season.

Great job for the other contenders who fought hard right until the end but ended up just short.

Thanks to all for being active regardless of your position in the standings, which made sure the title contenders earned it.

Hope to see you all next year!

Dobber Sports Star

Congrats on the win!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Congrats temek! Well deserved win in a very tough league of extraordinary gentlemen.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I did some final analysis on comparing my predictions to the actual results and predictions turned out to be kind of mediocre, but still significantly better than just guessing. Skater predictions were quite predictably better than goalie predictions so no surprise there. Average difference between projected pts and final pts was about 15 and average difference between projected rank and final rank was about 3. 10, 3 for skaters and 9, 3 for goalies respectively. Check RHRS 2014-2015 Standings predictions and results.zip for more specific numbers.
    Last edited by temek; April 15, 2015 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Fixed the spreadsheet

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    I did some final analysis on comparing my predictions to the actual results and predictions turned out to be kind of mediocre, but still significantly better than just guessing. Skater predictions were quite predictably better than goalie predictions so no surprise there. Average difference between projected pts and final pts was about 15 and average difference between projected rank and final rank was about 3. 10, 3 for skaters and 9, 3 for goalies respectively. Check RHRS 2014-2015 Standings predictions and results.zip for more specific numbers.
    Thanks for sharing.

Even though the category differences were a bit more varied, overall I was only off by half a point! I need to be better. Next year...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    I surpassed your expectations by 23.5 points. I think I was picked to be last in 2013/2014 also, if I'm not mistaken. I'll probably be predicted to be last again. I'll be here to disappoint your predictions again next year, but hopefully with better results.

It was another good season gents, thanks again Brandon for putting this together.