Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Re-signed] Jakob Silfverberg

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: [Re-signed] Jakob Silfverberg

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hour View Post
    This depth of the Anaheim forwards is the problem, I agree. I don't think he'll be relavent until he gets a change of scenery. Third line guy at best in Anaheim IMO and none of the guys ahead of him are going anywhere soon.
    Oh I wouldn't go that far. He's definitely 2nd line material, whether it is in Anaheim or elsewhere. I think the spot on Kesler's wing is his to lose at this point.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    Oh I wouldn't go that far. He's definitely 2nd line material, whether it is in Anaheim or elsewhere. I think the spot on Kesler's wing is his to lose at this point.
    Didn't say he wasn't 2nd line material, I just don't think it'll be with the Ducks

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think ducks will give him a chance on the 2nd line, if he plays well he sticks and gets a better raise next season. if he doesn't then his deal is cheap enough that he can easily be traded. he could put up zero points and he will still be tradeable at the deadline, still too young to give up on him.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hour View Post
    Didn't say he wasn't 2nd line material, I just don't think it'll be with the Ducks

If you agree he is 2nd line material, then I have to ask why do you think the Ducks would trade a young 2nd liner who has an egregiously friendly cap hit for a 2nd liner? Makes no sense.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

this is basically the real 3rd year of it's entry draft deal. The first really was written off because he played a couple of games in the playoff. I'm sure that's how Anaheim see's it.

Dobber Sports Master

Classic "show me" deal IMO. Injuries have hurt this guy (that's a pun, I guess) and have slowed him from becoming a top line scorer. He has the touch, but in the NHL you need the strength and speed to get open and get your shot off. He has taken a bit of a beating. Totally has the top 6 potential, but the NHL isn't the SEL. It's hard to stick in the top 6. To me this means show us in the first 41 games that you belong, or we'll ship you out for a draft pick or another asset at another position by the deadline or certainly, after 82 games in the summer. That is, if he plays them all. If he misses a huge chunk of time, I could see him gone this summer easy.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Classic "show me" deal IMO. Injuries have hurt this guy (that's a pun, I guess) and have slowed him from becoming a top line scorer. He has the touch, but in the NHL you need the strength and speed to get open and get your shot off. He has taken a bit of a beating. Totally has the top 6 potential, but the NHL isn't the SEL. It's hard to stick in the top 6. To me this means show us in the first 41 games that you belong, or we'll ship you out for a draft pick or another asset at another position by the deadline or certainly, after 82 games in the summer. That is, if he plays them all. If he misses a huge chunk of time, I could see him gone this summer easy.

Agree with this, but while the SEL isn't the NHL, it's widely regarded as neck and neck with the KHL as the best league outside North America (although the Swiss league is getting there). And being named MVP of the SEL at the age of 21, and putting up the points he did that year (13 goals and 20 points in 16 playoff games on top of a stellar reg season), is quite extraordinary. I think he bounces back and earns a big contract, with Anaheim benefitting from the motivation this contract provides.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The special thing about him that year in the SEL was that he oozed confidence every second he was on the ice. You could see in his body language that he wanted the puck on his stick, to be a difference maker. In the NHL I haven't seen that yet. He's deferring to other players most of the time and he doesn't go for it like he used to. He needs to regain his confidence, get cocky again.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ace

The more I look at it I think that the Ducks are just being cautious. If you look at their contracts on capgeek you'll see that they'll have a ton of expiring contracts (and lots of money to spend) next year. In particular they need to address their D so I think part of the reason behind this deal is like agentzero says is a "show me" deal. They know they're going to have to make some big decisions next offseason so they want to know what they have to work with before signing any longer deals.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think he would do much better in the east.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    His development in the NHL hasn't been what I hoped, but there is still potential there. This is as much of a show-me deal as we're going to get.
    This is pretty much my thoughts when I saw those contract numbers. It feel like there is a lot more upside to this guy than he's shown in the NHL so he still has to prove that he deserves a bigger deal.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Interesting deal, especially that's it's just one year. He'll need to get it done. Maroon has passed him on the depth chart for sure, Palmieri as well most likely. If he can't beat out Etem and healthy for a spot in the top 6...hopefully he goes somewhere like Vancouver that needs some talent.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft