Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Draisaitl to Europe if he doesn't stick with the team?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Draisaitl to Europe if he doesn't stick with the team?

So much of this is very subjective, so I just have a hard time with the notion of how much actual damage bringing a player to the NHL right away actually does.

Dobber Sports Star

Huberdeau was sent down I think.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    What's the criteria by which we can decide if Brule was "obviously rushed"? I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with you, but I'd like to know how we make that decision. How do we know Brule wouldn't have been the same player regardless of whether he entered the league that quickly or not?
    Hasn't it been the general consensus for years that Brule was rushed? I've even seen his name being used as a verb that means to rush a player. "He was Brule'd" and similar stuff. People thought he was big and tough enough to be able to handle the physical rigors of the NHL. Perhaps his head wasn't ready? I don't know. I just know that he's one of the poster children for being rushed in the NHL.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Hasn't it been the general consensus for years that Brule was rushed? I've even seen his name being used as a verb that means to rush a player. "He was Brule'd" and similar stuff. People thought he was big and tough enough to be able to handle the physical rigors of the NHL. Perhaps his head wasn't ready? I don't know. I just know that he's one of the poster children for being rushed in the NHL.
    Oh, I agree that the consensus is that he was rushed. I"m just questioned whether there is good evidence for the claim.

Dobber Sports Veteran

No, Brule was just a party animal who didnt take hockey seriously enough.

I know this from first hand info, he was from around my area. There are lots of determining factors that the average hockey fan never has access to, of why a player might succeed or fail.

As armchair GMs the best we can ever do is just try to guess at the cause-effect relationships.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Ninja

Brule also had family issues and was battling depression which he was on medication for. So many other issues going on there.