Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Yahoo Keeper+Farm League

  1. #1
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Yahoo Keeper+Farm League

    I was wondering (and am hoping this is posted in the right area):

    Can you start up a keeper league and have farm system functionality from Yahoo? Basically we have been playing for a few years doing one year at a time. Starting this coming season, we want to keep 3 players off of our current rosters but also get a farm draft + a pro draft going, but I dont know if this is even possible with Yahoo. We want the ability to bring up/send down players from our minors team based on the amount of games they have played pro. I know Fantrax gets in to crazy stuff like this, but is any of this possible in Yahoo?
    H2H Cats Keep 6 (reset to keep 1 next season) League (12 team)
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, 2 G, 4 BN, 1 IR+
    G A (+/-) PIM PPP SHP GWG SoG HIT BLK / W GAA SV SHO
    F: Tavares (C), Benn (C,LW), Backes (C,RW), Backstrom (C), Pavelski (C,LW), Crosby (C), Simmonds (LW,RW), Ladd (LW), E.Kane (LW), Jenner (C,RW)
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Niskanen, Phaneuf, Savard
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck
    IR+: Reimer

  2. #2
    Rep Power
    10

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default Re: Yahoo Keeper+Farm League

    Just switch to Fantrax, it's free as long as you don't use any of their "fancy" features

  3. #3
    jcairns's Avatar
    jcairns is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,809
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Rep Power
    31

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Yahoo Keeper+Farm League

    Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    Just switch to Fantrax, it's free as long as you don't use any of their "fancy" features
    Yeah, but if you actually try to control the minor league at all in Fantrax you need the premium version ($79.99 annually). The only free option in fantrax is "having" minors - if you want to actually control it with any sort of rules (like player eligibility, etc) then you need to pay. But yes, Fantrax is still better than Yahoo if you want to incorporate this. For yahoo, you'd have to just do a spreadsheet and do it all manually.

  4. #4
    Rep Power
    24

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Yahoo Keeper+Farm League

    Quote Originally Posted by dillingerdis View Post
    I was wondering (and am hoping this is posted in the right area):

    Can you start up a keeper league and have farm system functionality from Yahoo? Basically we have been playing for a few years doing one year at a time. Starting this coming season, we want to keep 3 players off of our current rosters but also get a farm draft + a pro draft going, but I dont know if this is even possible with Yahoo. We want the ability to bring up/send down players from our minors team based on the amount of games they have played pro. I know Fantrax gets in to crazy stuff like this, but is any of this possible in Yahoo?
    Not as far as I know. A few of my dynasty's run off of Yahoo and we use Proboards for our rookie drafts, trades, discussions etc while Yahoo is mainly just for stat keeping. Hopefully its a feature they can integrate sooner or later.
    DHL1
    23 man main roster/25 man prospect roster
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,HIT,BKS --- W,GAA,Sv,Sv%,SHO

    C: Stamkos, Seguin, Johansen, Kadri
    LW: Landeskog, Sharp, Schenn, Datsyuk,
    RW: MacKinnon, Nyquist, Carter, Saad, Versteeg
    D: Byfuglien, Giordano, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Brodie, Muzzin, Goligoski,
    G: Holtby, Crawford, Smith

    Prospects:
    F: Kempe, Puempel, Mersch, Samuelsson, Slepyshev, A. Johnson, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Nestrasil, Roy, Trenin
    D: DeAngelo, Morrissey, Pulock, C. Miller, Paigin, Lindell, Walman, Nielsen
    G: Phillips, C. Gibson, Grubauer, Samsonov, Altshuller, Huska, Lagace

  5. #5
    Rep Power
    10

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default Re: Yahoo Keeper+Farm League

    Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Yeah, but if you actually try to control the minor league at all in Fantrax you need the premium version ($79.99 annually). The only free option in fantrax is "having" minors - if you want to actually control it with any sort of rules (like player eligibility, etc) then you need to pay. But yes, Fantrax is still better than Yahoo if you want to incorporate this. For yahoo, you'd have to just do a spreadsheet and do it all manually.
    you don't have to track eligibility in fantrax though, depending on how your league works it can be quite simple to track it offline
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

  6. #6
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Yahoo Keeper+Farm League

    Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Not as far as I know. A few of my dynasty's run off of Yahoo and we use Proboards for our rookie drafts, trades, discussions etc while Yahoo is mainly just for stat keeping. Hopefully its a feature they can integrate sooner or later.
    How do you work sending down to/bringing up from your farm team?

    Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    you don't have to track eligibility in fantrax though, depending on how your league works it can be quite simple to track it offline
    Do you just manually track games played and have a hold period on FA pickups?
    H2H Cats Keep 6 (reset to keep 1 next season) League (12 team)
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, 2 G, 4 BN, 1 IR+
    G A (+/-) PIM PPP SHP GWG SoG HIT BLK / W GAA SV SHO
    F: Tavares (C), Benn (C,LW), Backes (C,RW), Backstrom (C), Pavelski (C,LW), Crosby (C), Simmonds (LW,RW), Ladd (LW), E.Kane (LW), Jenner (C,RW)
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Niskanen, Phaneuf, Savard
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck
    IR+: Reimer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •