Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which forwards to drop between Matt Read, Dustin Brown and Frans Nielsen ?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Which forwards to drop between Matt Read, Dustin Brown and Frans Nielsen ?

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    Yeah but we know Brown's ceiling, we don't know Read's
    He's 28 years old and he's played 3 NHL seasons with a career high of 47 points in his rookie year. He's the Tyler Bozak of Philly. Maybe if he's lucky Giroux will let Read move in with him and they can play pool and play the rest of their careers together like Bozak and Kessel.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Which forwards to drop between Matt Read, Dustin Brown and Frans Nielsen ?

Actually, come to think of it, my above post actually insulted Bozak whose career high is 49 points and has a 0.62 PPG rate in his career vs Read's 0.57 PPG

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    He's 28 years old and he's played 3 NHL seasons with a career high of 47 points in his rookie year. He's the Tyler Bozak of Philly. Maybe if he's lucky Giroux will let Read move in with him and they can play pool and play the rest of their careers together like Bozak and Kessel.
    So? Brown is 29 and hasn't cracked 30 pts in 2 years, calling for 50+ seems unrealistic at this point
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Veteran

As young as your team is I'd take the chance of Read starting hot and then moving him.

Dobber Sports Stud

So? Brown is 29 and hasn't cracked 30 pts in 2 years, calling for 50+ seems unrealistic at this point
    Ah so this is gonna be a bloodbath eh. Brown in the lockout (yeah, we had that last year) had 29 points in 46 games, a 52 point pace. That would be SIX STRAIGHT seasons with 50+ points.

Read in the lockout (for comparative reasons) had 24 in 42, a 47 point pace, giving him ZERO 50 point seasons in his career.

The guy has one bad year and everyone thinks he's garbage. Give me a break man.

Dobber Sports Ace

Ah so this is gonna be a bloodbath eh. Brown in the lockout (yeah, we had that last year) had 29 points in 46 games, a 52 point pace. That would be SIX STRAIGHT seasons with 50+ points.

Read in the lockout (for comparative reasons) had 24 in 42, a 47 point pace, giving him ZERO 50 point seasons in his career.

All 3 can get 50 pts, I prefer the options that are trending upwards, not downwards.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Stud

All 3 can get 50 pts, I prefer the options that are trending upwards, not downwards.
    A lot of people on here are big fan's of "Proven > Potential" but I'll give you the pity point on this one

Dobber Sports Icon

Very good response - last year was the first year in 7 that he's not posted 50+. That's consistency, and in fantasy consistency wins.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Rookie

Last 3 seasons combined:

Read 111pts in 196 games
    Brown 110pts in 207 games

This was with Read playing on a shutdown line last season and if you look who he faced most of the time (Crosby, JT, Ovie).

If I was picking between 2 guys who have had the same output the last 3 yrs but one was doing it from the 2nd/3rd lines (as opposed to 1st/2nd) and he had a shot at a 1st line vacancy, I know who I'm taking.
    10 Team Keeper: 36 players, keep 28
    Format: G, A, W, SO

F: Stamkos, Giroux, Tavares, Parise, Voracek, Stepan, Schwartz, Little, Okposo, Simmonds, Nyquist, Soderberg, Marchand, Niederreiter, Gaborik, Eller, B. Bennett, Eriksson, S. Bennett, K. Kapanen, Raffl, Maroon, Morin, Tanguay, C. Wilson
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Green, Goligoski, OEL, Hamilton, Barrie, Vatanen

G: Quick, Bishop, Stalock