Thread: Ken Holland re-signed for 4 more years in Detroit

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Ken Holland re-signed for 4 more years in Detroit

For the money, one of the best GMs in the NHL, although he needs to stop re-signing the Dan Cleary's of the world and start playing the kids more.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....l_manager.html

"DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings have signed general manager Ken Holland to a four-year extension that runs through the 2017-18 season, the club announced today.

"Ken is regarded as one of the premier executives in the National Hockey League and has been instrumental in the success of the Red Wings over the last two decades," Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch said in a statement. "Marian and I are extremely pleased that he will continue to lead our hockey club over the next four years. We feel strongly that stability is key to the success of any organization and having this new agreement in place with Ken is important to the organization and its future."

Holland, 58, had one year remaining on his contract, plus an option year.

Holland has served as Detroit's general manager for the past 17 seasons. Since he took over in July 1997, the Red Wings have won more regular-season games (746) and postseason games (115) than any other NHL team, in addition to three Stanley Cups, and have qualified for the playoffs every season.

Prior to his role in team management, Holland was a Red Wings player and scout. He has been with the organization in various capacities for the past 31 seasons."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default First holland...how soon till Babcock is extended?

Soon to put backcock To Toronto rumours to rest?
    http://redwings.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=728422

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Ken Holland re-signed for 4 more years in Detroit

Easy Easy Easy signing.

Give him whatever money he wants, He runs the most successful organization in the NHL and has made very few mis-steps during his tenure.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Pizza! Pizza!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm really looking forward to what he does over the next few years with some of the mainstays getting older. I think he'll be fine personally, but you can see the media circling around like vultures, calling out the death of the Red Wings.

Dobber Sports Star

Good for the Wings. He's one of the great GMs.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The only weak spot in Holland's armor is trading. He's never been very good at it, often pissing away good value for mediocre returns. He's going to have to get better in that aspect to truly get Detroit to the next level again. He'll have the resources in young players. Ship off chaff like Kindl along with a good young guy, for good picks and room for the other good young guys, etc.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

So does this mean another four years of Dan Cleary too? I can't take it anymore.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    For the money, one of the best GMs in the NHL, although he needs to stop re-signing the Dan Cleary's of the world and start playing the kids more.
    Agreed that he is one of the best GM's in the league and it's pretty clear that Cleary either has incriminating photos of Holland or he's married to his daughter. It's Babcock that will decide when to play the kids more, not Holland. The GM should NOT be coaching, yes the GM and Head Coach must be on the same page to enjoy success, but Babcock clearly has guided the team very, very well in his tenure with the Wings. (Please play the kids more, I own Nyquist and Jurco in one of my keeper leagues!)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Can't deny the incredible success the team has had under Holland. They are a bubble team though over the next two or three seasons.

In saying that, no question he earned this contract extension.

Dobber Sports Ace

Definitely one of the best in the business along with Lou and Poile.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15