Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson military police force

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Ferguson military police force

It's late here in Europe. 5 am. I'm lying in bed and I can't sleep. One reason is because I'm watching how the St Louis police is attacking peaceful protesters with military equipment for no good reason. At the same time the military/police is threatening any media vans with arrest just for being there.

Watch this stream.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9...events/3271930

This is state censorship and state-sanctioned violence against civilians. Sickening. I watched how the New York police abused the occupy movement and this is a lot worse.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Ferguson military police force

I live 20 mins from this. I appreciate your concern seriously. I do not believe however you have all the facts.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Stud

I do entirely agree it is sickening. The police better be very careful they seem to be only making things worse....I just hope someone can come in and calm this down.

(D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Ninja

The put up a No Fly zone around the area too. Ugly stuff.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Sickening. I watched how the New York police abused the occupy movement and this is a lot worse.
    Occupy were mostly white hipsters from Manhattan; this is a mostly poor black crowd in a state of the former Confederacy. So the restraint level of the police is pretty much "weapons free, lets rock and roll."

The march of fascism continues in America. I suppose it is inevitable when you admit the fact that America is now a judicially-ratified plutocracy. The ruling class will trade the freedom of the masses for the security of their money every time.

Dobber Sports Stud

the problem with excessive police violence is nationwide. Its not just a Missouri issue

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...-preparing-war

The statistics are frightening
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

@ChrisWarcraft: Good thing the #Ferguson police could hide in their tank with their tacvests when those deadly rocks and bottles started flying. Such brave.

Dobber Sports Star

Not completely on topic, but for anyone who hasn't seen, check out this sickening 8 minutes of film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPucQHtHZs Watch it all - gets worse as it goes.

Police violence is getting out of hand.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    @ChrisWarcraft: Good thing the #Ferguson police could hide in their tank with their tacvests when those deadly rocks and bottles started flying. Such brave.
    Because clearly the police need a tank.

Maybe re-equip the police with non-deadly weapons, and make them use their words and conflict resolution skills to de-escalate a conflict....
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Expert

I have been following all of this on Twitter and this is absolutely discusting. I'm sickenned by all of this.

For more info , look here : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0..._hp_ref=canada
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ace

just shameful the whole thing, rights and liberties are evaporating like water

Dobber Sports Ace

Not only the murder of Michael Brown but so many events in the world recently are sickening: Syrian women stoned to death, ISIS killing hundreds including burying women and children alive, NASCAR driver murdering another driver, ethnic violence in Central African Republic, Nigerian women and girls kidnapped and still missing......etc. The entire world should be ashamed.
    I am pissed off.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mojavedesert View Post
    Not only the murder of Michael Brown but so many events in the world recently are sickening: Syrian women stoned to death, ISIS killing hundreds including burying women and children alive, NASCAR driver murdering another driver, ethnic violence in Central African Republic, Nigerian women and girls kidnapped and still missing......etc. The entire world should be ashamed.
    I am pissed off.
    Welcome to the human race. Just remember, we are all born good...no wait, you have to teach babies that if they want something, they just can't take it...ahhhh, humanity. I agree with you 98%, all except for the NASCAR driver incident. That dude got himself run over by being stupid (you can call it hot-headed or heat of the moment, but when you go after a guy in a car on a racetrack, nothing good can come of it).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Occupy were mostly white hipsters from Manhattan; this is a mostly poor black crowd in a state of the former Confederacy. So the restraint level of the police is pretty much "weapons free, lets rock and roll."

The march of fascism continues in America. I suppose it is inevitable when you admit the fact that America is now a judicially-ratified plutocracy. The ruling class will trade the freedom of the masses for the security of their money every time.
    Yeah damn the tax payer for wanting to have their property rights protected.....there was severe looting and property damage that first occurred and brought in the police presence. I am in total agreement with most of the posters though don't get me wrong. Why do you need tear gas and rubber bullets to respond to a very small number of people throwing "things" at you while you stand in full riot gear. I mean seriously the police couldn't just locate those guys and individually deal with them. The real shame here guys is that Furgeson and neighboring Florissant are literally the on the "front line" of where an unbelievably violent crime ridden wasteland called North St. Louis County lays. I am afraid after this we may lose a relatively safe and productive area of metro St. Louis. I would hate to see good people lose their entire hometown to the Police and Gang violence that could easily claim the area after this.

(G) Ward, Lack