Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Tarasenko and Semin for Parise?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default My Tarasenko and Semin for Parise?

Team and league in sig....I offered this becasue I believe in Parise a ton...am I foolish? I hate Semin btw.....

Tank and Semin for Parise.....let me hear it boys
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: My Tarasenko and Semin for Parise?

It's two 50-60 pt players for a 60-70 pt player, seems a little steep, especially since I can see Tarasenko's value improving

Dobber Sports Genius

yeah in a dynasty league I would want Semin/Tank, but I like Tarasenkos upside.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    It's two 50-60 pt players for a 60-70 pt player, seems a little steep, especially since I can see Tarasenko's value improving
    yeah and my league is a bunch of blues fans too so you would think tanks value would be high, but as we are all blues fans we pretty much know that as long as hitch is in town aint nobody gonna break 60 very easily....and hitch is a good coach so i think he is gonna be around a while....

(D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Parise is also on the wrong end of 30 these days, not the type of player you want to overpay for. I'm fine with including Semin in any deal, but find a different prospect to include.

Dobber Sports Stud

im feeling the tank love guys...your swaying me, but SOG and PPP are important in this league too...should I stick to my guns or lean your way????

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like the trade.
    I'm a huge Parise fan.

Last year, yes only 67games - and Parise always strikes me as a healthy kind of player.

In those 67games, Parise put up 56pts (20PPP).
    Over 82games, that would extrapolate to 68.5pts (25PPP).

Last year, the Wild stacked PP1 with 4F/1D: Parise (LH), M.Koivu (LH), Heatley (LH), Pominville (RH) + Suter (LH). That was their most common PP, mostly early season... with Coyle subbing in as Heater started sucking fumes.
    This year, the Wild will stack PP1 with 4F/1D: Parise (LH), M.Koivu (LH), Vanek (RH), Pominville (RH) + Suter (LH).

Now, if you own any of those Minnesota players and you are not excited about how much better that PP unit looks with Vanek, there's something wrong with you.
    1. It's a huge player upgrade.
    2. The ice becomes a little more balanced. Put a few righty snipers on the left side. Nice.

As for Parise, he's had two major injuries in his career.
    In 2010, a knee injury - which is worth worrying about... but that was quite a while ago... and I don't see any lingering effect there.
    In 2013, a foot injury from blocking a shot. Broken feet heal. This one is fine.

Parise is a sleeper for 70+pts and MIN is going to be a much stronger offensive team w/Vanek, hopefully a healthy Koivu, and a possible break-out year from Granlund.
    Also, LW is a think position in most fantasy leagues.
    I'm really hoping Yahoo! pegs Parise around 40th down the draft board, because I'll reach for him at 25-35 range.

I'm all aboard the Parise side here.
    While I like Tank, STL is still a deep team and the minutes aren't fully there.

Dobber Sports Stud

oh pengwin how you never disappoint me with your insights....especially when they align with my own...lol

Thanks a bunch guys i rep already to everyone i can

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    im feeling the tank love guys...your swaying me, but SOG and PPP are important in this league too...should I stick to my guns or lean your way????
    Parise hasn't hit 70pts since 2009-2010, neither has Minnesota for that matter, last guy to do it was Koivu in 09-10 with 71. The team is similar to St. Louis in that they spread their scoring around, good for the team but not so much for fantasy owners.
    Also Tank is in the final year of his ELC, he'll be playing hard this year to get a nice deal. Or if the Blues decide to move him he'll be primed to break out elsewhere. I really don't like the idea of giving him up for Parise

Dobber Sports Giant

I think P7 provides a good argument; however, I'm going to be the Tarasenko fluffer again. This kid is just special, and hands-down the best offensive talent on the Blues already. As I mentioned in another thread, he ranked 10th in the entire NHL in CorsiFor% Rel (7.4%), and was 15th overall in raw CorsiFor% (58.1%). Simply put, he's driving the offense for the Blues when he's on the ice, and that's only going to improve as he earns more top-line minutes and PP opportunities.

I don't think I would even move Tarasenko straight up for Parise at this point.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So your replacement for Semin is Parise...I like it. Especially with the recent news on Semin...

"Alexander Semin is reportedly still not fully recovered from offseason wrist surgery.
    Semin had trouble with his wrist for the entirety of last season and his played clearly suffered as a result. While the team has yet to express any concern publicly about his lengthy recovery process, it's fair to be at least a little worried that his rehab continues. Until he gets a clean bill of health, proceed with caution on the talented winger."

But your replacement now for Tara is Zib or Read. Not sure I like that so much.

Parise although very strong will be on a decline very soon while Tara should be rising.
    Points only pool - H2H - Dress 11/week - 2 at every forward position(RW, LW, C), 4 D, 1G
    Goalie Points = 2/win, 1/overtime loss, 3 more/shutout (They typically make up most of the top 10 point getters every year in our league)

24 teams but 2 of every player (2 Crosbys, 2 Rasks, etc.) so treat it like a 12 team.

PROTECT 11 (max. roster size is 25)

LW - Benn, Pacioretty, Henrique, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen
    C - Tavares, Backstrom, Johansen
    RW - Giroux, Wheeler, Donskoi, Pomminville, Silvferberg
    D - Josi, Karlsson, Burns, Seabrook, Reilly, Gardiner,
    G - Jones, Rinne, Miller

Dobber Sports Genius

Team and league in sig....I offered this becasue I believe in Parise a ton...am I foolish? I hate Semin btw.....

Tank and Semin for Parise.....let me hear it boys
    I would probably do this. Parise would replace Semin on LW? I'd probably be shopping for a RW replacement though. Little thin on RW IMO.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I think P7 provides a good argument; however, I'm going to be the Tarasenko fluffer again. This kid is just special, and hands-down the best offensive talent on the Blues already. As I mentioned in another thread, he ranked 10th in the entire NHL in CorsiFor% Rel (7.4%), and was 15th overall in raw CorsiFor% (58.1%). Simply put, he's driving the offense for the Blues when he's on the ice, and that's only going to improve as he earns more top-line minutes and PP opportunities.

I don't think I would even move Tarasenko straight up for Parise at this point.
    great info.....pengwin idk...mound D and the demon icon might have won me over.....

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Demi-God

great info.....pengwin idk...mound D and the demon icon might have won me over.....
    Well... two against one.
    Looks like I lost.
    By the numbers, looks like you should hold Tank & Semin.

Dobber Sports Genius

would he do Kane for Parise? not sure about Kane's Corsi though lol ...damn corsi
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.