Thread: Injury Discussion 2014-15

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Injury Discussion 2014-15

2006, 2010, and 2014 featured three of the highest injury counts in league history. With a more spread out schedule this year, will it be a little more relaxing on fantasy owners and their nerves this season?

CW
    Keeper of the sacred fantasy hockey word and also a lover of bacon, pork roll, and of course all sorts of line combinations.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Injury Discussion 2014-15

Welcome to the boards.

Injuries are a part of the game, and even if last year had an inordinate number of man games lost, fantasy owners should always be a bit nervous of losing the championship because of an injury. It is however part of the fun of the game.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

I hope you're right CW, the goalie situations last year were ridiculous. In one of my leagues (we only have 21 man rosters) I had as many as NINE guys injured between IR and DTD. Only 3 IR spots in that league so I was in very very tough for a few weeks lol!

Administrator

Not entirely surprising considering the compressed schedule that the Olympics create although I'd like to see the numbers on this. If it is the case then I'd suggest a more top-heavy approach to roster building.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Not entirely surprising considering the compressed schedule that the Olympics create although I'd like to see the numbers on this. If it is the case then I'd suggest a more top-heavy approach to roster building.
    Exactly, that's why the NHL GMs and owners aren't big fans of the Olympics

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Last year was awful.
    Players had just come off a fugged up half-year smasheroo schedule, only to be given another smashed-up schedule with the big break.

The major impact, I believe, is on goalies... with the ol' days of 70-game starters going bye-bye.
    I plan to ride all my "deep bench" leagues with back-ups on good teams (a strategy that was incredible last year).

If healthy, I think only fringe playoff teams with clear-cut #1 goalies might push the upper 60s in starts: Bobrovsky (CBJ), Lehtonen (DAL), M.Smith (PHX)

Above all else, it will be finally, finally, finally nice to get back to a NORMAL schedule of NHL hockey.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Last year was awful.
    Players had just come off a fugged up half-year smasheroo schedule, only to be given another smashed-up schedule with the big break.

The major impact, I believe, is on goalies... with the ol' days of 70-game starters going bye-bye.
    I plan to ride all my "deep bench" leagues with back-ups on good teams (a strategy that was incredible last year).

If healthy, I think only fringe playoff teams with clear-cut #1 goalies might push the upper 60s in starts: Bobrovsky (CBJ), Lehtonen (DAL), M.Smith (PHX)

Above all else, it will be finally, finally, finally nice to get back to a NORMAL schedule of NHL hockey.
    I would add to this:

Schneider
    Luongo
    Varlamov
    Price

Reasoning:

Schnieder: NJ has history of riding their #1 hard. Plus basically have no backup and I think they will be pushing for a 7-8 playoff seed. Plus, NJ doesn't give up a ton of shots which will help Schneider stay fresh.

Luongo: Who else will play?

Varlamov/Price: I think both teams are going to do worse than last year. But the fan base is expecting playoffs. I think both teams might have 2 ride these 2 harder than they want to in a push to get in.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Schneider
    Luongo
    Varlamov
    Price

Oh good call on Schneider.
    Totally forgot that one.
    Absolutely.

Florida will fall on its face though and, if they're smart, the Panthers will realize the benefits of NOT starting Luongo.
    Colorado will be solid and I don't think Roy will overwork his #1 goalie.
    Montreal, similar, I believe.

But yes, Schneider should be a work horse.
    I'd put him vs. Bobrovsky as the leaders in goalie GP race.